logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Spotnick  
#1 Posted : 07 July 2022 10:19:31(UTC)
Spotnick

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 118 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Hi Ok I realized this week I should have done this a long time ago to help this community, but it's better late than never.

I have decided to setup a Discord Community for NewOrderOnline, if you are familiar with Discord, then you know what it is, if not, I invite you to go to discord.com and create an account, and then you should be able to join the server with the link provided below. I'll need help to maintain this and making it alive obviously, it's fresh and nobody is on it yet, but eventually I believe this is going to improve our experience.

https://discord.gg/mavgFUqW43

This is the link to join, some people add issues and had to go to discord.com and create an account before it worked.

So what is Discord? If you know Slack, it's pretty much the same thing, it's a chat app that has text channels and voice channels, with many many ways to customize it to your will.. it's used a lot in gaming, it replaced websites and forums completely, but my vision is how it can be used, let's say, if New Order has an incoming gig, there can be a channel just for that gig for people to coordonate just like a forum thread, and also people can easily tag themselves and overall it's just a much better communication tool.

Keep in mind it's still very much a work in progress, your input will be important and I'm going to need people to moderate this if it goes on, as you know, I have been less present on the website for a long time now, but this will allow me to give admin rights and moderation rights to a lot of people.

And it's going to be modern, not like those old forums.

UserPostedImage

Oh I forgot to say, Discord is an App you can use on your OS, on a web browser or on a phone, so it should be useful everywhere.

Edited by user 07 July 2022 10:22:22(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 3 users thanked Spotnick for this useful post.
fac51 on 10/07/2022(UTC), Mr. Disco on 11/07/2022(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 18/09/2022(UTC)
Sponsor
M1  
#2 Posted : 07 July 2022 14:06:42(UTC)
M1

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 293 time(s) in 237 post(s)
Full points for innovation Nic, but for me, NOT having to talk to people is part of the appeal...but after looking at it briefly, it could be good!

Edited by user 07 July 2022 14:10:01(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked M1 for this useful post.
Mr. Disco on 11/07/2022(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 18/09/2022(UTC)
Spotnick  
#3 Posted : 09 July 2022 11:19:08(UTC)
Spotnick

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 118 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Originally Posted by: M1 Go to Quoted Post
Full points for innovation Nic, but for me, NOT having to talk to people is part of the appeal...but after looking at it briefly, it could be good!

You don't have to talk to people at all lol.

It's really not that much different from this forum, except threads are a bit weirder, but it gets better with time.
thanks 3 users thanked Spotnick for this useful post.
Mr. Disco on 11/07/2022(UTC), M1 on 11/07/2022(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 18/09/2022(UTC)