logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Linus Solanki  
#26 Posted : 11 September 2021 13:27:55(UTC)
Linus Solanki

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1000 time(s) in 639 post(s)
Originally Posted by: The Shadow Go to Quoted Post
Yeah it ended up being a great day out. I was a bit anxious as I went with the Mrs and my 15 year old daughter (didn’t want any whingeing) look like is was going to rain all day, and was worried it would be a nightmare getting home.

It all went well. Daughter danced all night and absolutely loved it. It was like looking at my 15 year old self. Loads of youngsters around us which was good to see that the legacy of new order looks set to continue. Never rained at all and got back to the hotel easy on the tram.

Hot chip were very good as a warm up as well. Gutted I missed WMC but seen them before and I am sure I will again.

Be a rebel slotted in nicely and sounded good and not out of place at all. Yes the last part of the set is becoming a bit samey but excellent first hour and always ends well with Temptation.

Hopefully when I see them in London we may get treated to a new track that they are currently working on and a a few changes to the set list. Not sure how many years of touring they have got left in them so got to make the most of them whilst we can

Hey did they say they are working on a new track during the concert or in a magazine interview, I would love to know. Thanks
I promise to make you so alive that the fall of dust on furniture will deafen you. Nina Cassian
thanks 1 user thanked Linus Solanki for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 07/11/2021(UTC)
The Japanese One  
#27 Posted : 11 September 2021 15:23:31(UTC)
The Japanese One

Was thanked: 64 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Has anybody seen both Halifax and Manchester?
thanks 1 user thanked The Japanese One for this useful post.
lee  
#28 Posted : 12 September 2021 00:26:38(UTC)
lee

Was thanked: 293 time(s) in 199 post(s)
I must admit i had a great night and really enjoyed the whole day tbh

I'm another who really didn't fancy it at all and was very close to not bothering

Luckily i took a punt and booked the premier inn heaton park as soon as i saw parklife was moved so getting in and out was painless,went in around 430 as wanted to see both support acts

Enjoyed WMC but i think they're trying a little too hard to look cool/uninterested with their blank stares...bar the frontman who acts like a total simpleton...i saw them come off stage and meet their mates straight after the set...all with massive smiles on their faces so why not show it on stage?

Hot chip i enjoyed too

I thought new order were great..was quite near the front but to the left of the stage and surrounded by younger people...i thought i'd made a mistake as they'd probably only know blue monday...how wrong was i they was all dancing,jumping and singing every word right from the off,,,as soon as they was singing the bass/synth lines from AOC i knew i was wrong

Yes the new order set is predictable but i don't really care when i'm there if i'm honest...i even enjoyed blue monday for the first time in years

Only disappointment is the JD encore but that's because i don't really like them,sorry

I was actually hoping for world in motion seeing as england got to the euro finals...sorry again

All in all a total triumph and i'd do it all again tomorrow...even if i spent a fortune and had the worst hangover i've had in a longtime yesterday
thanks 2 users thanked lee for this useful post.
Papabendi on 12/09/2021(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 07/11/2021(UTC)
Papabendi  
#29 Posted : 12 September 2021 06:26:14(UTC)
Papabendi

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I'd agree with that. Might be a function of age, but I thought the facilities were fairly woeful - the bar service being a particular low light. We must have asked 5 or 6 stewards for basic info during the day and no one knew where anything was. God only knows what it must have been like over the weekend with close to 100k people around. We arrived early and left early so were at least saved the entrance / exit chaos.

Edited by user 12 September 2021 06:27:29(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Papabendi for this useful post.
Andy  
#30 Posted : 12 September 2021 10:07:29(UTC)
Andy

Man

Was thanked: 3045 time(s) in 2127 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Linus Solanki Go to Quoted Post
Yeah it ended up being a great day out. I was a bit anxious as I went with the Mrs and my 15 year old daughter (didn’t want any whingeing) look like is was going to rain all day, and was worried it would be a nightmare getting home.

It all went well. Daughter danced all night and absolutely loved it. It was like looking at my 15 year old self. Loads of youngsters around us which was good to see that the legacy of new order looks set to continue. Never rained at all and got back to the hotel easy on the tram.

Hot chip were very good as a warm up as well. Gutted I missed WMC but seen them before and I am sure I will again.

Be a rebel slotted in nicely and sounded good and not out of place at all. Yes the last part of the set is becoming a bit samey but excellent first hour and always ends well with Temptation.

Hopefully when I see them in London we may get treated to a new track that they are currently working on and a a few changes to the set list. Not sure how many years of touring they have got left in them so got to make the most of them whilst we can

Hey did they say they are working on a new track during the concert or in a magazine interview, I would love to know. Thanks

Gillian mentioned "working on some ideas" (but not a specific track) in the Yorkshire Post interview that you posted. Phil also mentioned in a zoom interview a couple a months ago that something was being worked on but that it was "a secret".

thanks 1 user thanked Andy for this useful post.
Linus Solanki  
#31 Posted : 12 September 2021 11:45:49(UTC)
Linus Solanki

Originally Posted by: Andy Go to Quoted Post

Gillian mentioned "working on some ideas" (but not a specific track) in the Yorkshire Post interview that you posted. Phil also mentioned in a zoom interview a couple a months ago that something was being worked on but that it was "a secret".

Yes thanks for the info
I promise to make you so alive that the fall of dust on furniture will deafen you. Nina Cassian
thanks 1 user thanked Linus Solanki for this useful post.
Linus Solanki  
#32 Posted : 13 September 2021 05:26:01(UTC)
Linus Solanki

thanks 2 users thanked Linus Solanki for this useful post.
Dennis Remmer on 16/09/2021(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 07/11/2021(UTC)
The Shadow  
#33 Posted : 13 September 2021 10:17:07(UTC)
The Shadow

Was thanked: 548 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Andy Go to Quoted Post

Sorry Linus I may have given you false hope there. It is as per what Andy says above just what I read in Gillians interview and Phil comments. So there is chance, all be it small!
thanks 1 user thanked The Shadow for this useful post.
The Hierophant  
#34 Posted : 20 September 2021 05:45:38(UTC)
The Hierophant

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Agree with both comments above. Took my thirteen year old daughter and she loved it. My mate took his teenage sons. Great to see the youngsters there.

Thought they sounded great but didn’t like the festival set up and there were a lot of people there.
thanks 1 user thanked The Hierophant for this useful post.