logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

18 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
perspexorange  
#1 Posted : 29 January 2021 13:28:29(UTC)
perspexorange

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3407 time(s) in 2236 post(s)
Rather than make a separate thread for all the things I was thinking of querying tonight (like my Confusion thread), I thought it might be a good idea to make a dedicated thread to add various choice items to talk about and discuss.

From 7" promos to freebie flexis.
Flicker books to rulers.
Lewie busts to paperweights.

So, onto my first item.

Talking of flexis, here's one that most people probably don't know about.

Bizz Magazine Flexi

https://www.discogs.com/...day-1988/release/1776158

This was given away with a Brazilian magazine called (you guessed it) 'Bizz'.

Here's the issue in question (I think, see below), along with images:

http://m-80rockbands.blo...revista-poster-bizz.html

Anyone speak Portuguese?

As I mentioned above, I think it was this issue, but it may have been this one (as the cover seems familiar):

https://issuu.com/lucasc...-_new_order__junho_1988_

As with a lot of my stuff, both the cuttings from the magazine and the actual flexi are in storage at my mum's. However, I'm currently involved in scanning all my hundreds (possibly thousands! Eek ) of cuttings. I do a little bit each time I go there. I'll get around to it eventually, but I'm up to 1983, so have a number of years to go to get to '88.

If I had to guess though, I'm pretty sure it's the top link (the cover with the band at The Roxy).

Onto the remix.
I haven't played it for years, but as far as I can tell, it's exclusive to this release.
I noted it on my list back in the early 90s as 'Blue Monday 1988 ('Bizz' Magazine Edit)', so it appears that it's a mix of the '88 version (which figures, based on the release date).
I have a logged time of 3:20, so quite a bit shorter than the standard 1988 7".

I really can't remember anything about it, though. It might just be an early fade. My use of the term 'edit' seems to point to that, rather than a unique mix.

I'm pretty sure that I picked this up at one of those massive record fairs they used to have at the Birmingham NEC, two or three times a year.

I used to go there with David Smith from 'Paradise' fanzine (remember that?), as we were good friends.
We used to have a little bit of an unwritten competition; who could find the best stuff. It was pretty much an 'on your marks' type thing. Doors would open and we would both try to head for certain sellers that were always there and were practically guaranteed to have some interesting items.

Some times I would walk out the victor but, more often than not it seemed, David would be the (unspoken) champion.

I remember feeling pleased I got this magazine, as it seemed pretty exclusive at the time (especially before we had internet shopping). Realistically speaking, I guess there's probably thousands of the damn things, given the vast size of Brazil.

If anyone knows which of the two magazines the flexi came with, please let me know.
Even better, if anyone has a rip of the (dodgy, flexible) vinyl, please let me know.

thanks 3 users thanked perspexorange for this useful post.
negative1 on 29/01/2021(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 11/02/2021(UTC), Mr. Disco on 22/02/2021(UTC)
Sponsor
perspexorange  
#2 Posted : 29 January 2021 13:47:25(UTC)
perspexorange

OK, on to my second item.

https://www.discogs.com/...er-Regret/release/175455

This is a 2x12" promo of 'Regret'.

I don't think I realised this at the time, but it actually contains an extended version of the (frankly horrible) Sabres Fast 'n' Throb mix.
The version on the standard 12" runs to 12:11, whilst this one draws it even longer (groan!) to 13:38.

Again, I haven't got a rip of this, so would appreciate a copy if anyone has it (although, as stated, I'm less than thrilled with the remix).

I have an (vaguely) interesting tale as to how I got hold of this.

This is one of the only times I've ever won anything.
I entered a competition in the NME. I can't remember what the competition was but suspect it was one of those 'answer an easy multi-choice question and mail in your address' types.

Anyway, although I bought NME every week in those days, I never noticed anything in the paper listing winners. Indeed, I never heard back from the NME with a 'Congratulations. You've won!' message.

All that happened was, literally months later, a parcel turned up on my doorstep. There was no markings either on the package or inside to say where it had come from. There wasn't even a compliment slip stating 'NME' etc.
In fact, at first, I couldn't work out where it had come from and why it had been sent to me.

Eventually the penny dropped. As I say, it must've been 6 months at least since I entered the competition.

thanks 1 user thanked perspexorange for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 11/02/2021(UTC)
perspexorange  
#3 Posted : 29 January 2021 13:58:19(UTC)
perspexorange

OK, final item for tonight.

As well as the 2x12" mentioned, my prize also included the following promo CD, which I was far more pleased with:

https://www.discogs.com/...r-Sampler/release/796620

I thought this was really exclusive at the time (again, pre-internet). Now it seems you can pick them up fairly cheaply.

Not the best New Order competition to win. In the 26/11/88 issue of 'NME", there was a chance to win Barney's guitar, which would've been a much better prize to have got.

(Incidentally, that particular competition mentioned that the guitar on offer was Bernard's black 1959 Gibson Les Paul Special. However, the accompanying image showed him playing his Gibson ES335, a guitar he was still using at Reading the following year. Also, as far as I know, I think the only other Gibsons Bernard played was his SG or his Les Paul Junior. I'm guessing it was the latter they were referring to, as he never seemed to play it in the late 80s. Also, I think the Special and Juniors were very similar.)
thanks 1 user thanked perspexorange for this useful post.
negative1  
#4 Posted : 29 January 2021 14:41:57(UTC)
negative1

Was thanked: 1657 time(s) in 1151 post(s)
Originally Posted by: perspexorange Go to Quoted Post
OK, on to my second item.

https://www.discogs.com/...er-Regret/release/175455

This is a 2x12" promo of 'Regret'.

I don't think I realised this at the time, but it actually contains an extended version of the (frankly horrible) Sabres Fast 'n' Throb mix.
The version on the standard 12" runs to 12:11, whilst this one draws it even longer (groan!) to 13:38.

Again, I haven't got a rip of this, so would appreciate a copy if anyone has it (although, as stated, I'm less than thrilled with the remix).

I have an (vaguely) interesting tale as to how I got hold of this.

This is one of the only times I've ever won anything.
I entered a competition in the NME. I can't remember what the competition was but suspect it was one of those 'answer an easy multi-choice question and mail in your address' types.

Anyway, although I bought NME every week in those days, I never noticed anything in the paper listing winners. Indeed, I never heard back from the NME with a 'Congratulations. You've won!' message.

All that happened was, literally months later, a parcel turned up on my doorstep. There was no markings either on the package or inside to say where it had come from. There wasn't even a compliment slip stating 'NME' etc.
In fact, at first, I couldn't work out where it had come from and why it had been sent to me.

Eventually the penny dropped. As I say, it must've been 6 months at least since I entered the competition.

good story, i've never entered a competition, and therefore have never won anything.

i don't have the brazilian flexi, but its cheap enough to find, if they don't gauge the shipping. one guy on discogs realised that,
but i'm sure the rest would, if i asked them about shipping costs.

i also have the other cd promo you mentioned, just for completeness.
==============================================
i have the regret 2x12 promo too.

but first bought the japanese republic, which has the two extra mixes (the long one is editted):
https://www.discogs.com/...-Republic/release/831891

UserPostedImage

and the french fnac promo:
https://www.discogs.com/...all-Mixes/release/146228

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

and of course, there was a shorter edit on the 'retro' boxset.

anyways, i liked techno music, so both mixes were pretty good to me.

i have already ripped every vinyl track, and promo i have for remix projects, but i will have to find the files.

its just easier to use the CD rips, and add on the extra bit at the end, which is what i did for better quality.

later

Edited by user 29 January 2021 14:43:20(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked negative1 for this useful post.
perspexorange on 31/01/2021(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 11/02/2021(UTC)
Mr. Disco  
#5 Posted : 29 January 2021 16:36:52(UTC)
Mr. Disco

Man

Was thanked: 347 time(s) in 189 post(s)
Rather than make a separate thread for all the things I was thinking of querying tonight (like my Confusion thread), I thought it might be a good idea to make a dedicated thread to add various choice items to talk about and discuss.

From 7" promos to freebie flexis.
Flicker books to rulers.
Lewie busts to paperweights.

So, onto my first item.

Talking of flexis, here's one that most people probably don't know about.

Bizz Magazine Flexi

https://www.discogs.com/...day-1988/release/1776158

This was given away with a Brazilian magazine called (you guessed it) 'Bizz'.

Here's the issue in question (I think, see below), along with images:

http://m-80rockbands.blo...revista-poster-bizz.html

Anyone speak Portuguese?

I have it, but can't rip it... I don't own a turntable for ages now. Plus, I always thought it was the regular 1988 7" anyway

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

I also have those magazines... they're not the one that came with the flexi, but they're pretty nice. My sister used to have a subscription

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 29 January 2021 17:25:22(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 3 users thanked Mr. Disco for this useful post.
negative1 on 29/01/2021(UTC), perspexorange on 31/01/2021(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 11/02/2021(UTC)
perspexorange  
#6 Posted : 30 January 2021 01:38:31(UTC)
perspexorange

Originally Posted by: negative1 Go to Quoted Post
but first bought the japanese republic, which has the two extra mixes (the long one is editted):
https://www.discogs.com/...-Republic/release/831891

I had no idea that the Japanese variant had these extra two tracks. I should check Discogs more often.

This looks a nice item. I'm quite tempted, as I do have a lot of CD promos, especially from the 'Republic' era. Cheapest price is £36 on Discogs, which is a bit steep, especially as I'm not that keen on the mixes.

i have already ripped every vinyl track, and promo i have for remix projects, but i will have to find the files.

Excellent! Thanks!

Originally Posted by: Mr. Disco Go to Quoted Post

I have it, but can't rip it... I don't own a turntable for ages now. Plus, I always thought it was the regular 1988 7" anyway

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

I also have those magazines... they're not the one that came with the flexi, but they're pretty nice. My sister used to have a subscription

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Wow! Well, there you go. My Swiss cheese memory is to blame.
I obviously knew at the time that the flexi was on a separate magazine, but had forgotten that. I'm 100% sure I bought it attached to a magazine, so can only assume that, in my mind, I've merged the magazine with the flexi with one of the other magazines. I've definitely got one of the magazines, and may have the second.

Really nice to see the images of the flexi attached to the magazine. Many thanks for that.

As regards the mix, I'm pretty sure it is an edit. At least my 18 year old self logged it as a shorter edit.

negative1 on 30/01/2021(UTC), Mr. Disco on 30/01/2021(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 11/02/2021(UTC)
Fotz  
#7 Posted : 30 January 2021 02:40:23(UTC)
Fotz

Was thanked: 3608 time(s) in 2613 post(s)
Can't contribute much to this, the only couple oddities off the top of my head i own are the Tonpress Polish 7" with BM and TLU.Is that regarded as an oddity though? Maybe not.And one copy of the Benelux TPK 7".I have a Get Ready fold out card promo thing that i got from somewhere when the album was released.Round & Round micro CD.Nothing really rare though.
thanks 2 users thanked Fotz for this useful post.
negative1 on 30/01/2021(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 11/02/2021(UTC)
perspexorange  
#8 Posted : 30 January 2021 14:24:28(UTC)
perspexorange

Originally Posted by: Fotz Go to Quoted Post
Can't contribute much to this, the only couple oddities off the top of my head i own are the Tonpress Polish 7" with BM and TLU.Is that regarded as an oddity though? Maybe not.And one copy of the Benelux TPK 7".I have a Get Ready fold out card promo thing that i got from somewhere when the album was released.Round & Round micro CD.Nothing really rare though.

Don't worry about rarity. Just post whatever takes your fancy.

As regards the Tonpress Blue Monday, does that contain an edited version of the song, or is it still the 7:29 version, but played at 33rpm?

I have something similar to your 'Get Ready' promo card. I can't remember if it folds out or not, but got it whilst standing in the queue waiting to get into the Liverpool Olympia gig in 2001.
thanks 2 users thanked perspexorange for this useful post.
negative1 on 30/01/2021(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 11/02/2021(UTC)
Fotz  
#9 Posted : 30 January 2021 15:08:59(UTC)
Fotz

^ Yep the Tonpress 7” has the standard versions of BM and TLU , so as they’re crammed onto a 7” the sound ain’t the best! Think I only ever played it once.

The Get Ready thing is a foldout card with images from the album sleeve and maybe one or two others , can’t remember for sure now .
thanks 3 users thanked Fotz for this useful post.
negative1 on 30/01/2021(UTC), perspexorange on 31/01/2021(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 11/02/2021(UTC)
The Shadow  
#10 Posted : 31 January 2021 09:45:54(UTC)
The Shadow

Was thanked: 548 time(s) in 401 post(s)
The rare vinyl ones in my collection I can think of is the orange vinyl in order compilation.

https://www.discogs.com/...-In-Order/release/862776

The other one and most treasured one is the limited substance gatefold (factory employees one)

https://www.discogs.com/...Substance/release/807050

Other ones is the shiny metallic Brotherhood
Also original pressings of get ready and republic, WFTSC which seem quite sort after.
Vinyl of video 586 on touched
NOMC15 gatefold
Xmas flexi
Mark Reeder 7” mix given with Electronic music mag

Basically if it’s on vinyl and it’s new order I’ll have it or want it

CD wise the 3” R&R and squishy orange thing for republic are the only slightly rare ones I can think of

thanks 2 users thanked The Shadow for this useful post.
negative1 on 31/01/2021(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 11/02/2021(UTC)
perspexorange  
#11 Posted : 31 January 2021 13:08:05(UTC)
perspexorange

Originally Posted by: The Shadow Go to Quoted Post
The rare vinyl ones in my collection I can think of is the orange vinyl in order compilation.

https://www.discogs.com/...-In-Order/release/862776

The other one and most treasured one is the limited substance gatefold (factory employees one)

https://www.discogs.com/...Substance/release/807050

Other ones is the shiny metallic Brotherhood
Also original pressings of get ready and republic, WFTSC which seem quite sort after.
Vinyl of video 586 on touched
NOMC15 gatefold
Xmas flexi
Mark Reeder 7” mix given with Electronic music mag

Basically if it’s on vinyl and it’s new order I’ll have it or want it

CD wise the 3” R&R and squishy orange thing for republic are the only slightly rare ones I can think of

Never seen that orange vinyl 'In Order'. That's a bloody nice item.

I'd love to own the Gatefold Substance. One of these days...

I have that Touch 'Video 586' 12". Mine came with a postcard, if I remember correctly. I'm guessing it's ticked away in the sleeve.
I also have the CD release of it. The original digipack version (apparently Touch released a jewel case variant a year or so later).
I recall ringing up Touch on a payphone at my workplace and speaking to a guy who appeared to be a fan. Might have even been Jon Wozencroft.

I have both of those R&R & Republic CDs. Love both of them. Very cool indeed.

A couple of other cool CDs spring to mind.
Those two CDVs that were released for True Faith and Blue Monday 1988:

https://www.discogs.com/...rue-Faith/release/462979
https://www.discogs.com/...nday-1988/release/882345

When I first saw them in HMV Manchester, I snapped up True Faith immediately, but put off buying Blue Monday 1988. They were quite pricey, if I recall correctly (probably £10 each).

I chose True Faith based mainly on finally being able to have the 12" Remix on CD and also for 'Evil Dust' (which I hadn't clue what the Hell it was until I played it). Of course, I was also pleased that the '7" version' labelled as being on the disc was actually an exclusive edit of the remix (although I hated the edited chorus).

The Blue Monday 1988 disc looked fairly unremarkable to me, with all the audio tracks appearing to be exactly the same as the standard CD single. However, when I finally got around to purchasing it months later, I was pleased to hear that 'Beach Buggy 12"' was actually the Dub version (only available previously on vinyl) and the 7" version was a different (and exclusive) mix.

The Shadow on 01/02/2021(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 11/02/2021(UTC)
perspexorange  
#12 Posted : 31 January 2021 13:22:53(UTC)
perspexorange

I've bought quite a lot of New Order promo CDs over the years. I had a bit of a purge on getting some of the later ones two or three years ago (I'd got a bit jaded with New Order in the 00s, so gave quite a few of the releases a bit of a miss at the time).

Anyway, I went and bought the Guilt Is A Useless Emotion promo CD single off Discogs for €12:

https://www.discogs.com/...n-Remixes/release/937116

When it arrived, upon examination, I noticed that it was a double disc tray. I lifted the tray to find this nestled under it; the Radio mixes:

https://www.discogs.com/...io-Mixes/release/7270211

That was a bit of good fortune. Both releases for about £15 (inc. postage). I'm guessing the seller had possibly bought it, along with a load of other CDs, from a fan, but hadn't noticed that the fan had stuck both CDs in the same case.

It's rare I get lucky like that. It kind of makes up for all the other times I've been screwed over by sellers in the past.
Fotz  
#13 Posted : 31 January 2021 17:26:11(UTC)
Fotz

Oh i do have that True Faith CDV now you mention it.Snapped it up somewhere in late 80s.Dug it just now and gave it a spin.I'd forgotten that there's that exclusive 7" mix of the Pettibone remix.I'd also forgotten the way the chorus is butchered and misses a couple of lines out and seems to jump from "My morning sun is the drug that brings me near" to "that my life would depend on the morning sun".The "To the childhood I lost, replaced by fear/I used to think that the day would never come" is chopped out! Still, nice to have.

Nice to hear Evil Dust again , hadn't given that a spin in years.I already had that mix of Angel Dust at the time when i bought the CDV so i was familiar with it.It was originally on a various artists compilation vinyl that was released in late 1986, a month or two after Brotherhood but which i later sold with a bunch of other stuff in the late 80s as i was trying to get some money together. I figured it was one of a number of records i didn't really need anymore.Can't for the life of me remember what the album was called now.Think i'd first become aware of it through Melody Maker or something.What was the name of that compilation album??

Edit: Found it. It was this album- Funky Alternatives .That's the one i originally bought not longer after Brotherhood as it had an exclusive mix of Angel Dust.Crikey, looking at the tracklist there's a few other gems on there also. Like Chris & Cosey's October Love Song - i do not remember that being on there! Thought i'd never heard that cute little tune until more recent years.How odd.

I never bought the Blue Monday 88 CDV.I saw it numerous times on sale back in the day but i just didn't bother, probably because i was never a massive fan of BM 88.I didn't know that there's an exclusive 7" mix on it however.

I'm not sure i'd been aware that Video 586 was available on 12".I bought the digi pack CD around 1997.I'm assuming then that the 22 minute track is split over the two sides of the 12" ??...... Either that or it's a one sided vinyl

Edited by user 31 January 2021 18:07:43(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked Fotz for this useful post.
negative1  
#14 Posted : 31 January 2021 20:01:08(UTC)
negative1

have both the orange vinyl 'in order', and the CD, when there were plenty of both on ebay,
the cd is much cheaper and easier to find now.

the original pressings of the albums aren't worth as much now, since they've all been re-released on heavy vinyl,
which is when i picked up the latter ones.

have video - prime 586 on vinyl (no its not one sided, it has a joy division track on the b-side) and on cd.

UserPostedImage

New Order ‎– Video 5-8-6
Label:
Touch ‎– Tone 7.1
Format:
Vinyl, 12", 33 ⅓ RPM, 45 RPM, Single
UK
Released:
15 Sep 1997
Genre:
Electronic
Style:
Electro, Synth-pop
Tracklist
A –New Order Video 5-8-6 22:25
B –Joy Division As You Said 2:01
Total Time: 24:26

also, have parts 1, 2, 3 on the various tapes and cds:

https://www.discogs.com/...h-Sampler/release/242320
New Order Video 586 6:57

https://www.discogs.com/...ture-Mist/release/308267
A2 –New Order Video 586 - 1
B4 –New Order Video 586 - 2

got the xmas flexi, and electronic sound mark reeder mix,

also, have the round and round singles all on vinyl, cd3, cd5, promos.

and the there are 2 republic vests, with different color ink on them.

there is the true faith 5 inch cdv, a US promo cd, and several later remixes of true faith promo cds, and vinyl also.

and have the blue monday cdv, the canadian CD5 with more mixes, the japanese CD3, and the UK cd5, and the vinyl versions, and promos too.

finally, i'm pretty sure i have 30-50 promo cd's from them US, UK, card sleeve, jewel boxes, slimline, but have to go through them at some point.

later

Edited by user 31 January 2021 20:02:12(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked negative1 for this useful post.
depthcharge  
#15 Posted : 31 January 2021 22:21:11(UTC)
depthcharge

Was thanked: 307 time(s) in 189 post(s)
Speaking of 5-8-6 harder-to-finds, the Peel version also appeared on this 2012 vinyl release:

UserPostedImage

Which I recall was sort of released in a semi-official/grey area capacity until it promptly wasn't. I managed to grab one at the time.

Now a lot of collectors are chasing it and you can't trade it on Discogs.

Full Elegia there too.
thanks 2 users thanked depthcharge for this useful post.
negative1 on 01/02/2021(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 11/02/2021(UTC)
negative1  
#16 Posted : 01 February 2021 00:13:09(UTC)
negative1

i've lost count of how many bootleg unauthorized releases there are out there, and in fact never try to buy any.

but i didn't know this was bootleg until i bought it, i kept hoping it would be a real release, and it doesnt even sound that great:

https://www.discogs.com/...ampaigns/release/2878180

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Various ‎– Discreet Campaigns
Label:
Rorschach Testing Product (2) ‎– ror 1
Format:
2 × Vinyl, LP, Compilation, Limited Edition, Unofficial Release
UK
Released:
Genre:
Electronic, Rock
Style:
New Wave, Abstract, Industrial, Indie Rock, Experimental
Tracklist

D4 –New Order Sunrise (Instrumental Rough Mix) 5:39
Total Time: 1:17:09

later
thanks 2 users thanked negative1 for this useful post.
Mr. Disco on 01/02/2021(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 11/02/2021(UTC)
perspexorange  
#17 Posted : 01 February 2021 00:49:53(UTC)
perspexorange

Originally Posted by: depthcharge Go to Quoted Post

UserPostedImage

Which I recall was sort of released in a semi-official/grey area capacity until it promptly wasn't. I managed to grab one at the time.

Full Elegia there too.

Never seen this before. Thanks for posting.

Talking of ‘full length’ Elegia, apparently there’s an even longer version. Hooky mentioned having it on one of his weekly chats. He was apparently considering it for inclusion in the forthcoming Low Life set.

but i didn't know this was bootleg until i bought it, i kept hoping it would be a real release, and it doesnt even sound that great:

https://www.discogs.com/...ampaigns/release/2878180

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

That’s really nice. Again, never knew about this.
perspexorange  
#18 Posted : 01 February 2021 01:12:23(UTC)
perspexorange

Originally Posted by: Fotz Go to Quoted Post
I'd also forgotten the way the chorus is butchered and misses a couple of lines out and seems to jump from "My morning sun is the drug that brings me near" to "that my life would depend on the morning sun".The "To the childhood I lost, replaced by fear/I used to think that the day would never come" is chopped out! Still, nice to have.

Yeah, that always irked me.
I remember someone once saying it was edited to remove drug references but, if that was the case, they took out the wrong line. So certainly not true.

It just sounds really jarring when listened to. It’s a shame as, apart from that, it’s a nice and short compact remix.

depthcharge  
#19 Posted : 01 February 2021 01:29:08(UTC)
depthcharge

i've lost count of how many bootleg unauthorized releases there are out there, and in fact never try to buy any.

I'm pretty selective with bootlegs.

For me, there's still romance in some of the classic 80s live gigs pressed on vinyl with offbeat original sleeves, underground style. They're often pretty rare and go for a lot of money. At the time this was the only way you got to hear these shows. I have a nice stash of these.

In the past decade, the price of pressing vinyl has dropped a lot. To the point where there are hundreds of new pressings of old shows and demos that hold no value for me. Feels a bit soulless.

Then you get recent releases like this Substance that come in a multitude of colours and have many buyers believing they're authorised. The eBay seller never lets on and charges a heap for them.

Edited by user 01 February 2021 01:31:08(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked depthcharge for this useful post.
depthcharge  
#20 Posted : 01 February 2021 01:47:02(UTC)
depthcharge

Sunrise (Instrumental Rough Mix) 5:39

There was a 4:28 edit of Sunrise in this compilation too:

Debut LP Magazine - Issue 11, 1985

Can't recall offhand if it's just a fade-out.

thanks 1 user thanked depthcharge for this useful post.
Mr. Disco  
#21 Posted : 01 February 2021 03:15:27(UTC)
Mr. Disco

Man

These promos have exclusive edits as well - although the Round & Round one is also on the 7" US promo, I think

UserPostedImage UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage UserPostedImage

I also have a 2-track CD for Let's go somewhere, with both edits already released on the US (? the best of) and the 1963 CD single. And the 20 Years f New Order promo, featuring an exclusive mix of 60mph by Dave Kahne.
thanks 2 users thanked Mr. Disco for this useful post.
The Shadow  
#22 Posted : 01 February 2021 03:35:23(UTC)
The Shadow

Was thanked: 548 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Speaking of 5-8-6 harder-to-finds, the Peel version also appeared on this 2012 vinyl release:

UserPostedImage

Now a lot of collectors are chasing it and you can't trade it on Discogs.

Full Elegia there too.

This is the one new order item I really want and as you say now discogs have removed no way to find it. I really want the full Elegia on vinyl. Anyone wanting to sell please PM me.

Edited by user 01 February 2021 03:37:33(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked The Shadow for this useful post.
Mr. Disco  
#23 Posted : 01 February 2021 03:39:22(UTC)
Mr. Disco

Man

Anyway, I went and bought the Guilt Is A Useless Emotion promo CD single off Discogs for €12:

https://www.discogs.com/...n-Remixes/release/937116

When it arrived, upon examination, I noticed that it was a double disc tray. I lifted the tray to find this nestled under it; the Radio mixes:

https://www.discogs.com/...io-Mixes/release/7270211

That was a bit of good fortune. Both releases for about £15 (inc. postage). I'm guessing the seller had possibly bought it, along with a load of other CDs, from a fan, but hadn't noticed that the fan had stuck both CDs in the same case.

It's rare I get lucky like that. It kind of makes up for all the other times I've been screwed over by sellers in the past.

Very good deal indeed... I only got the one with the extended mixes. Had to buy the official download of the edits at the time, assuming they wouldn't appear on CD

UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked Mr. Disco for this useful post.
perspexorange  
#24 Posted : 01 February 2021 06:08:58(UTC)
perspexorange

I'm pretty selective with bootlegs.

For me, there's still romance in some of the classic 80s live gigs pressed on vinyl with offbeat original sleeves, underground style. They're often pretty rare and go for a lot of money. At the time this was the only way you got to hear these shows. I have a nice stash of these.

Yeah - those bootlegs were fantastic back in the 80s/90s. Although I didn't buy a lot of them, I just used to love finding them tucked away in racks at small record shops / record fairs. Was always tempted to buy them and succumbed occasionally.

There was a 4:28 edit of Sunrise in this compilation too:

Can't recall offhand if it's just a fade-out.

Yep - it's an early fade. It starts to fade out just after Bernard starts his (vaguely incomprehensible) last vocal segment and finishes pretty much as soon as he delivers his last line.

These promos have exclusive edits as well - although the Round & Round one is also on the 7" US promo, I think

Yeah - I have all three of these. I liked that 'Round & Round' edit at the time. Not because it was particularly special. Just because it felt 'exclusive'.

I love your signed 'Blue Monday-95' promo. Wish mine was the same. Sadly it isn't.

I also have a 2-track CD for Let's go somewhere, with both edits already released on the US (? the best of) and the 1963 CD single. And the 20 Years f New Order promo, featuring an exclusive mix of 60mph by Dave Kahne.

I've got the '20 Years' one, but my 'Let's Go' is just a one track version. Was there a two track one?
I do love the one that I have, due to it being a picture CD. Wish it had a cover as well though.

Mr. Disco on 01/02/2021(UTC), negative1 on 01/02/2021(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 11/02/2021(UTC)
Mr. Disco  
#25 Posted : 01 February 2021 06:26:39(UTC)
Mr. Disco

Man

I've got the '20 Years' one, but my 'Let's Go' is just a one track version. Was there a two track one?
I do love the one that I have, due to it being a picture CD. Wish it had a cover as well though.

I might be wrong on that one. Can't find the disc anywhere right now
thanks 1 user thanked Mr. Disco for this useful post.