logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Fotz  
#1 Posted : 08 October 2020 09:20:47(UTC)
Fotz

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3608 time(s) in 2613 post(s)
Recently upgraded my stylus and bought a rather expensive new Pre Amp and have been going through my vinyl again and it all now sounds amazing. Except for a vinyl copy of Technique I bought at a record fair a few years back but which I’d only ever played a couple of times on my old stylus & pre amp and the sound quality didn’t really grab me. Tried it out on the new gear and it just sounds dull like a CD, no rich texture liveliness you get from most vinyl.

Could it have been simply pressed from the CD? Think I read stories a year or two back about many new vinyl versions of albums being made and sold that way. Anyone have any insight on this?

thanks 1 user thanked Fotz for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 08/10/2020(UTC)
Sponsor
Fotz  
#2 Posted : 10 October 2020 15:31:00(UTC)
Fotz

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3608 time(s) in 2613 post(s)
Listened again tonight on good pair of headphones and it does sound pretty good actually, to be fair. But I’m not entirely sure it’s any different from listening to the CD. It just doesn’t have that pure, rich lively vinyl sound with each part of the instrumentation and vocals separated to brilliant effect. Really need to listen to an original 1989 vinyl copy to compare.The copy I have seemed brand new which seemed odd as when I bought it a few years ago it should have been over 20 years old if it was an original 1989 vinyl copy.
thanks 1 user thanked Fotz for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 11/10/2020(UTC)