logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Fotzepolitic  
#26 Posted : 02 October 2015 08:17:35(UTC)
Fotz

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3608 time(s) in 2613 post(s)
Oh hang on, got WMG on my case.I can keep the video up if i remove the song clips...
thanks 1 user thanked Fotz for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 05/10/2015(UTC)
perspexorange  
#27 Posted : 04 March 2020 13:24:37(UTC)
perspexorange

Was thanked: 3407 time(s) in 2236 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Fotz Go to Quoted Post
That's weird i just looked up the audio file i have which i thought was the Jo Wiley interview from Nov 1998 and it does NOT sound like her so maybe she's right! Unless it's a different radio 1 interview - i just have it named as "Bernard Sumner Radio 1 Nov 98" But i'm sure there was also a Jo Wiley interview with Bernard on Radio 1 that i listened to live one lunchtime around late 1998.It was kind of to promote the then upcoming Christmas and New Year gigs at Manc Evening News Arena and Ally Pally. The old memory playing tricks on me i guess.

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but did we ever work out who the interviewer was on this?

Here's the interview in question:

It's presumably late night as there are some mild swear words. It's quite a lengthy Q&A interview, which would also signify a late night show, as the format doesn't really fit with afternoon / early evening 'light' entertainment.

I really don't recognise the interviewer and can't think of who it might be.

Anybody got any idea?

Edited by user 04 March 2020 13:25:12(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked perspexorange for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 05/03/2020(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse  
#28 Posted : 05 March 2020 00:54:46(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse

Was thanked: 2410 time(s) in 2004 post(s)
I think the second BL album morphed into MC. Around that time the Barnster said he had an EP ready but it was too dancey for BL, and Academic was maybe a BL demo originally.
thanks 1 user thanked Michael Monkhouse for this useful post.
Fotz  
#29 Posted : 05 March 2020 08:31:06(UTC)
Fotz

Was thanked: 3608 time(s) in 2613 post(s)
Originally Posted by: perspexorange Go to Quoted Post
That's weird i just looked up the audio file i have which i thought was the Jo Wiley interview from Nov 1998 and it does NOT sound like her so maybe she's right! Unless it's a different radio 1 interview - i just have it named as "Bernard Sumner Radio 1 Nov 98" But i'm sure there was also a Jo Wiley interview with Bernard on Radio 1 that i listened to live one lunchtime around late 1998.It was kind of to promote the then upcoming Christmas and New Year gigs at Manc Evening News Arena and Ally Pally. The old memory playing tricks on me i guess.

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but did we ever work out who the interviewer was on this?

It's presumably late night as there are some mild swear words. It's quite a lengthy Q&A interview, which would also signify a late night show, as the format doesn't really fit with afternoon / early evening 'light' entertainment.

Anybody got any idea?

I dug out the file of the interview on my laptop, wondering if i right clicked on properties there'd be some more helpful info supplied by whoever created the mp3 ( i think i downloaded it from Soulseek years ago) but no.Just "bernard_sumner_radio1_interview_november98" .It's deffo from that time as at one point Bernard mentions the Rock Family Trees tv programme having been shown a couple of months before and that was broadcast in September 98.And he talks about the band getting back together and had played Reading that year.The woman is definitely not Jo Whiley.But Bernard did deffo also appear on Jo Whiley's Radio 1 show around the same time, same month even (Nov 98).

I've been looking recently for the interview Bernard did with Jo Whiley in September 2015, the night before Music Complete was released.I listened to it live at the time and recall Jo playing Superheated at the end.I didn't "grab" the interview though.Would like to hear it again so would appreciate if anyone who has it could share.Thanks!

thanks 1 user thanked Fotz for this useful post.
perspexorange  
#30 Posted : 05 March 2020 14:06:08(UTC)
perspexorange

Was thanked: 3407 time(s) in 2236 post(s)
Originally Posted by: perspexorange Go to Quoted Post

Anybody got any idea?

I dug out the file of the interview on my laptop, wondering if i right clicked on properties there'd be some more helpful info supplied by whoever created the mp3 ( i think i downloaded it from Soulseek years ago) but no.Just "bernard_sumner_radio1_interview_november98" .It's deffo from that time as at one point Bernard mentions the Rock Family Trees tv programme having been shown a couple of months before and that was broadcast in September 98.And he talks about the band getting back together and had played Reading that year.The woman is definitely not Jo Whiley.But Bernard did deffo also appear on Jo Whiley's Radio 1 show around the same time, same month even (Nov 98).

I've been looking recently for the interview Bernard did with Jo Whiley in September 2015, the night before Music Complete was released.I listened to it live at the time and recall Jo playing Superheated at the end.I didn't "grab" the interview though.Would like to hear it again so would appreciate if anyone who has it could share.Thanks!

Thanks for checking, Fotz. I appreciate it.

Sorry. - I don’t have that Jo Whiley 2015 interview. It’s one of the ones that I’m missing.

The last few weeks, I’ve been cataloguing all the radio interviews I know about.
I’m up to 400+ at present.
Crazy, eh?

The exercise is a trifle demoralising at times. I feel like I’m holding back the tide.
I start checking listings for a particular radio show, only to find another 5 or 6 I’ve missed.

I know I’ll never get them all listed, but I’m doing my best.

If I find the interview you mentioned, I’ll be sure to pass it on.
thanks 1 user thanked perspexorange for this useful post.