logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

16 Pages«<141516
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Debaser  
#376 Posted : 09 November 2019 05:30:40(UTC)
Debaser

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1897 time(s) in 1452 post(s)
BBC 6 Music are focusing on the Chemical Brothers Surrender album this weekend (is someone at 6 Music getting kickbacks?) See details here.

Anyway during an interview special with Lauren Laverne last night they were talking about "the music that's meant the most to them over two decades" and at 6.50 they talk about working with Bernard on OOC. "He sent us tapes and tapes of guitar parts and vocal ideas". See this is what I wanted them to add to the forthcoming box set (out in 2 weeks), as mentioned in the 21 Mins Of OOC thread. Missed opportunity! Bernard had special gold plated guitar lead demands. His wine needs weren't met by Bernondsey... (The Chems used to record at Orinoco studios just off London's Old Kent Road). I didn''t realise Bernard was already big into wine in '99. Then Lauren plays their NO tune of choice, EGG. After that, a clip from an old interview where they discuss Bernard knocking at the front door of their student house in Manchester (before they were the Chems) and asking if there was a party on. And then back to the present, they presented Bernard (at his request) with an award at Nordoff Robbins, and he proceeded to roast them. And then they discuss going to the Hacienda.

EDIT: I can't find any footage of the Nordoff Robbins thing. Shame. Here's a photo instead.

Edited by user 09 November 2019 06:07:41(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Debaser for this useful post.
Rocket Mick on 14/11/2019(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse  
#377 Posted : 09 November 2019 08:42:51(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse

Was thanked: 1697 time(s) in 1390 post(s)
I just dug out an old 11.11.16 Eastenders episode. New Order were not on it once.
thanks 1 user thanked Michael Monkhouse for this useful post.
Fotzepolitic  
#378 Posted : 09 November 2019 12:56:33(UTC)
Fotzepolitic

Was thanked: 1904 time(s) in 1469 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Debaser Go to Quoted Post
BBC 6 Music are focusing on the Chemical Brothers Surrender album this weekend (is someone at 6 Music getting kickbacks?) See details here.

Anyway during an interview special with Lauren Laverne last night they were talking about "the music that's meant the most to them over two decades" and at 6.50 they talk about working with Bernard on OOC. "He sent us tapes and tapes of guitar parts and vocal ideas". See this is what I wanted them to add to the forthcoming box set (out in 2 weeks), as mentioned in the 21 Mins Of OOC thread. Missed opportunity! Bernard had special gold plated guitar lead demands. His wine needs weren't met by Bernondsey... (The Chems used to record at Orinoco studios just off London's Old Kent Road). I didn''t realise Bernard was already big into wine in '99. Then Lauren plays their NO tune of choice, EGG. After that, a clip from an old interview where they discuss Bernard knocking at the front door of their student house in Manchester (before they were the Chems) and asking if there was a party on. And then back to the present, they presented Bernard (at his request) with an award at Nordoff Robbins, and he proceeded to roast them. And then they discuss going to the Hacienda.

EDIT: I can't find any footage of the Nordoff Robbins thing. Shame. Here's a photo instead.

Yes i caught maybe the second half of the Lauren Laverne show with Tom and Ed so i missed the stuff about Bernard, will listen on catch up.Been playing the Nemone show part of the Chems 6 Music evening.Some great stuff i hadn't listened to for years like their remix of Primal Scream's Swastika Eyes.Used to love caning that remix in the car back in 2000.Also their mix aired on Nemone's show is pretty good (previously aired some years back?).Had it on while doing homemade Pizza.There's also from 6 Music last night the Chems at Glastonbury 2000 but haven't listened yet.

Another funny tale about Bernard that Tom & Ed mentioned in another interview sometime back on something is about when the Chemical Brothers played an outdoor gig somewhere not far from where Bernard lives and he texted them asking them to turn the noise down as he was trying to watch telly.

Well only another few weeks now til 29th Nov when i go to see Chemical Brothers at Birmingham NEC or whatever its called now .It's taken a bloody age to come around since i bought the tickets.

Edited by user 09 November 2019 12:58:41(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Fotzepolitic for this useful post.
Debaser  
#379 Posted : 09 November 2019 15:04:30(UTC)
Debaser

Was thanked: 1897 time(s) in 1452 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Fotzepolitic Go to Quoted Post
Another funny tale about Bernard that Tom & Ed mentioned in another interview sometime back on something is about when the Chemical Brothers played an outdoor gig somewhere not far from where Bernard lives and he texted them asking them to turn the noise down as he was trying to watch telly.

That was Blue Dot 2018! Bernard would never make any noise at that festival, would he? Cheeky f**ker! LoL
thanks 2 users thanked Debaser for this useful post.
Fotzepolitic on 11/11/2019(UTC), Rocket Mick on 14/11/2019(UTC)
perspexorange  
#380 Posted : 12 November 2019 14:07:09(UTC)
perspexorange

Was thanked: 1043 time(s) in 821 post(s)
30 mins or so of Factory Records, JD, NO etc. on Marc Riley's show today.

Listen here (last 30 mins of show):

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000b5mc

PS As usual, I've downloaded the show as mp3 and cut the bit out that relates to Factory. If anyone wants it, just shout.

Edited by user 12 November 2019 14:18:08(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked perspexorange for this useful post.
eliu01  
#381 Posted : 13 November 2019 02:00:28(UTC)
eliu01

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Unknown Pleasures t-shirt worn by Hideo Kojima, designer of Metal Gear and, most recently, Death Stranding.

https://youtu.be/KlMpN26ts7s?t=130
thanks 1 user thanked eliu01 for this useful post.
Wax  
#382 Posted : 13 November 2019 07:35:05(UTC)
Wax

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Originally Posted by: eliu01 Go to Quoted Post
Unknown Pleasures t-shirt worn by Hideo Kojima, designer of Metal Gear and, most recently, Death Stranding.

Kojima is a HUGE JD/NO fan. I've seen him wear shirts with the artwork for Technique, Music Complete, Unknown Pleasures, etc.

I think Elegia was used in one of the Metal Gear Solid games too.
thanks 1 user thanked Wax for this useful post.
perspexorange  
#383 Posted : 13 November 2019 11:14:44(UTC)
perspexorange

Was thanked: 1043 time(s) in 821 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Wax Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: eliu01 Go to Quoted Post

Kojima is a HUGE JD/NO fan. I've seen him wear shirts with the artwork for Technique, Music Complete, Unknown Pleasures, etc.

I think Elegia was used in one of the Metal Gear Solid games too.

Yep - it was certainly used in the Metal Gear Solid V trailer (not sure about the game itself).

It was funny when, after it was used In ‘Stranger Things’, Metal Gear Solid getting outraged that they’d pinched ‘their’ song.

I guess it’s all good exposure for the band.

thanks 1 user thanked perspexorange for this useful post.