logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
spooky  
#26 Posted : 16 September 2019 07:04:30(UTC)
spooky

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 63 post(s)
Originally Posted by: bc2323 Go to Quoted Post
Does Gillian have any plans to pen an autobiography (would be interesting to hear her side of events surrounding new order)?
She wrote me a simple “yes”

she needs to dedicate a whole chapter explaining her opinions on how Barney always comes over to "help" on the keyboard for Blue Monday! Big Grin
thanks 1 user thanked spooky for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 16/10/2019(UTC)
bc2323  
#27 Posted : 16 September 2019 13:08:48(UTC)
bc2323

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Originally Posted by: perspexorange Go to Quoted Post
Thank you for asking the questions and taking the time to report back here. It is appreciated.

Interesting that he liked the MiF version of Sub-Culture best. I liked it, but the LP version is brilliant IMO and stands head and shoulders over the MiF one (which resembled the Robie mix more).

it was all the point for them. they spend quite a time of preparing MIF (about 3 months), and concerning Subculture version, the mixed the both parts of Robie mix and album version.
thanks 1 user thanked bc2323 for this useful post.
bc2323  
#28 Posted : 16 September 2019 13:30:33(UTC)
bc2323

This is the answer that makes the heart sink a little. Not too sure what else to say. I'm not really surprised though. I mean they didn't have to keep booking gigs. They've chosen to do so...

in fact, getting older, Bernard truly enjoy touring. He said to me that in the past, they were acting like viking raising countries and could top being wasted one night out of two. Now they are touring a way more sustainable, enjoying the shows (he was really happy on stage that night), really performing (I saw him after the show and he saw just tired to death) and also enjoying the life besides touring (restaurants, museums, sightseeing). It might sounds selfish to us, but he wants to enjoy as much as possible while he can. He doesn't want to stay at home or play golf all days. long. He did not speak about Hooky but was clear that the chemistry actually in the band (and with the whole crew) gave him a boost.

Bernard being humble? Now I'm surprised! I didn't think this question would be asked but I'm tickled that it was.
i was a bit, because it was really humble and straightforward. He did not elude anything. Its the second time I interview him in 4 years, and he was already a nice guy at the time of music complete. He admitted he acted like a fool in the past and that he has changed.

So it was Hooky's idea and Bernard doesn't care. Interesting.
Hooky's idea ? For sure. I can tell you from experience that the trend in music business is to release huge archive of classic records (even of records no one is interested inn. With or without Hooky, that would have happen one day. its just business. On the other hand, we all know that Bernard has always been reluctant to look back at his own past. Hooky complained he did not want to play JD tracks in the past, and so its pure Bernard : don't give a s*** about our past, New Order is about the future. MIF was the once in the lifetime exception IMO.

Does Gillian have any plans to pen an autobiography (would be interesting to hear her side of events surrounding new order)?
She wrote me a simple “yes”

Baggy Boiler can't wait!
In her defense (I see another comment not really nice to her), I did not have the chance to see her and this “yes” answer was made as a reply to a DM I made on twitter 2 hours after the show. But I think it could be truly interesting. She witnessed everything from the inside and has never spoken yet. So who knows. (in French we say beware of the sleeping water if you know what I mean)
thanks 2 users thanked bc2323 for this useful post.
Debaser on 16/09/2019(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 16/10/2019(UTC)
bc2323  
#29 Posted : 16 September 2019 13:31:38(UTC)
bc2323

OK, i fucked up with the quote and so on !!!
Ken Doherty on 19/09/2019(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 16/10/2019(UTC)
Debaser  
#30 Posted : 16 September 2019 14:27:34(UTC)
Debaser

Was thanked: 2987 time(s) in 2068 post(s)
OK, i fucked up with the quote and so on !!!

Yes, forum quotes can be a bit tricky.

So it was Hooky's idea and Bernard doesn't care. Interesting.
Hooky's idea ? For sure. I can tell you from experience that the trend in music business is to release huge archive of classic records (even of records no one is interested inn. With or without Hooky, that would have happen one day. its just business. On the other hand, we all know that Bernard has always been reluctant to look back at his own past. Hooky complained he did not want to play JD tracks in the past, and so its pure Bernard : don't give a s*** about our past, New Order is about the future. MIF was the once in the lifetime exception IMO.

Yes of course ultimately it's the record company's decision - can we make some money by re-releasing, re-packaging these recordings etc?
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or serious when you say "for sure". In case you're wondering why I said it was Hooky's idea, see HERE, reply #23, 4th line from the bottom of the post. Transcribed from a radio interview where Hook said his wife gave him the Led Zep II box set for Christmas and he suggested to the record company that they could do something similar for NO. That's his version of events anyway!

Thanks again for coming back and clarifying some of the answers. I wonder if it's possible to get this magazine for Kindle outside of France?
thanks 1 user thanked Debaser for this useful post.
bc2323  
#31 Posted : 16 September 2019 14:49:35(UTC)
bc2323

Hey again. On kindle not but it can be bought digitally on exact editions website. Printed version can be asked at abonnement@tsugi.fr

Cheers

Edited by user 16 September 2019 14:50:27(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Debaser on 17/09/2019(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 16/10/2019(UTC)
GotBlueEyes  
#32 Posted : 18 September 2019 03:34:22(UTC)
GotBlueEyes

Was thanked: 548 time(s) in 308 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Fotzepolitic Go to Quoted Post
Like Debaser says in his comment above, they don't have to do book live dates all the time.But that's what they want and are happy doing and it's their choice.I feel their credibility will drop though if they just tour for years and years without actually releasing any new stuff.

Especially as (outside of the MIF thing) they seem to simply play the same core set every night, swapping in and out the same 2-3 tracks. I get that it pays the bills better than releasing new albums but it can't continue to be that much fun for them can it?

When you look at how The Cure put their shows together (similar number of albums and even longer since their last studio album) - they seem to pride themselves on playing longer so that the deeper cuts get an airing. No reason why NO shouldn't be doing the same thing - other than laziness
thanks 1 user thanked GotBlueEyes for this useful post.
Wax  
#33 Posted : 18 September 2019 05:50:29(UTC)
Wax

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GotBlueEyes Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Fotzepolitic Go to Quoted Post
Like Debaser says in his comment above, they don't have to do book live dates all the time.But that's what they want and are happy doing and it's their choice.I feel their credibility will drop though if they just tour for years and years without actually releasing any new stuff.

Especially as (outside of the MIF thing) they seem to simply play the same core set every night, swapping in and out the same 2-3 tracks. I get that it pays the bills better than releasing new albums but it can't continue to be that much fun for them can it?

When you look at how The Cure put their shows together (similar number of albums and even longer since their last studio album) - they seem to pride themselves on playing longer so that the deeper cuts get an airing. No reason why NO shouldn't be doing the same thing - other than laziness

I mean, in their defense most of the members are in their 60s and playing an hour plus set probably takes a lot of them. I don't want to ask too much from them because they're not the spring chickens they used to be. Although, maybe an intermission could be possible?

But I do feel like the setlist should be upgraded. Give us back Regret, Krafty, AoC, and maybe a new addition. The MC album cycle has been over for 3 years now so maybe just give us Plastic and Singularity or Tutti Frutti. As well as 2 JD songs: Decades and LWTUA.

I'm seeing them in Miami for 2 nights and I'm gonna be so disappointed if they end up playing the same set every night.
thanks 1 user thanked Wax for this useful post.
Michael Monkhouse  
#34 Posted : 12 October 2019 06:17:49(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse

Was thanked: 2410 time(s) in 2004 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Dennis Remmer Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Michael Monkhouse Go to Quoted Post

Written by Paul Morley

Laugh LoL

Monkhouse reveals himself to actually be Morley lurking on NOOL under a pseudonym... Suspected it for years. Been meaning to ask you about those ZTT sleeve ramblings...

What-s the difference between Paul Morley and a hysterectomy? A hysterectomy is not a TOTAL twat.
thanks 1 user thanked Michael Monkhouse for this useful post.