logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Fotzepolitic  
#1 Posted : 23 August 2019 14:13:12(UTC)
Fotz

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3608 time(s) in 2613 post(s)
Lana, babes, we need to....um...talk.

I've listened to some of your new stuff (not the whole new album yet, granted.No pun intended there , Lizzie) and i think i'm stepping off.You go and carry on on your own lovely journey through the universe, i'm sure you'll have a great trip.But i'm not sure the new stuff is my thing.It's of course been great to share the trip so far with yers, babes , but you know i'll always listen to your old stuff.It's been a blast.

It's not you babes, it's me.Hope you'll eventually in time come to see where i'm at here.

Will always love yer, you big fucking queen xxxx

ps. Darling,you give some absolute killer looks to camera in yer latest vid.You old tart.Looking beautiful, babes, go get 'em, gal! mwah! kiss kiss xxx

Hope we can still be friends.Good luck with the new stuff.

Edited by user 23 August 2019 14:26:24(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Fotz for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 15/10/2019(UTC)
Sponsor
Debaser  
#2 Posted : 07 September 2019 05:36:31(UTC)
Debaser

Was thanked: 2987 time(s) in 2068 post(s)
thanks 1 user thanked Debaser for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 15/10/2019(UTC)
Fotzepolitic  
#3 Posted : 07 September 2019 06:54:50(UTC)
Fotz

Was thanked: 3608 time(s) in 2613 post(s)

Yep i saw the fuss about this Ann Powers review of Lana's new album and career and i read Powers' article.Yeah,Lana didn't do herself a favour by biting to it but the thing was, Powers seemed to overall be positive about Lana Del Rey! Or at least that's what i came away with.Yeah she does attack Lana a bit but on the whole she's positive about her.So a) Yeah, Lana shouldn't have bit and anyway she can't expect 100% positive reviews across the board, that would be impossible, and b) the review as a whole was positive (though its sometime difficult to tell with music critics).I think Lana overreacted a bit and that surprised me.

I've listened to the new album a fair bit over the last week or so to see if i could warm to it.Yeah, there is some great songs on there and i love Lana's way with a vocal and melody.Top tracks for me are Mariners Apartment Complex, Love Song, California, The Greatest, Bartender and Hope Is A Dangerous Thing For A Woman Like Me To Have..But I Have It.Some of the songs i'm not so fond of do have moments though where i do like Lana's voice and when it's just the most purest beautiful thing i ever heard.Not sure its my favourite album of hers for me though.Possibly Lust For Life takes that award.Or a combination of Born To Die and Ultraviolence, if you took half the songs from each of those.

Yeah yeah it's all a persona blah blah.I agree, a lot of her stuff is a persona but that's nothing new for a musical artist, is it? And anyway, what's wrong with a persona in music? Something like Hope Is A Dangerous Thing off the new album i'd argue is certainly not a persona, however.She's not singing about meeting her bad guy Jim or whoever down at the yard, she's singing from the heart IMHO.I'd say, yes, a lot of her stuff is a persona but listen harder to some of her songs and it really is something very honest.And anyway, i like her persona.I love that gangster type Nancy Sinatra thing she did earlier in her career, it's a blast.I find the lyrics about hanging with the bad guys fun and entertaining.

Yeah yeah her Dad gave her a leg up to the music industry, blah blah.

Well either way, the album is Number 1 in the UK and the US right now and has received critical acclaim across the board as her best album yet .Even Pitchfork gave it 9.4 out of 10.Wow, if Pitchfork give an album more than 5 or 6 it must be good, right?

World domination, it seems, is a breeze for Queen LanaSmile

Edited by user 07 September 2019 07:02:21(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked Fotz for this useful post.
Debaser on 07/09/2019(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 15/10/2019(UTC)