logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

49 Pages«<474849
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Fotzepolitic  
#1201 Posted : 27 July 2019 15:09:33(UTC)
Fotzepolitic

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1802 time(s) in 1383 post(s)
yeah, and that/this

Fotzepolitic  
#1202 Posted : 28 July 2019 14:58:18(UTC)
Fotzepolitic

Just back from Doves at Inner City Live in Perry Park, Birmingham. They were absolutely fucking brilliant. Wow. Incredible gig. Musicianship, the sound, the great choices of songs and Jimi Goodwin was funny as fuck with his banter. In between songs at one point he launched into acapella of Prince’s Paisley Park but changed Paisley Park to Perry Park. Maybe you had to be there but it was well funny. Jez Williams’ guitar playing was simply wonderful. And they did a fab Spaceface at the end.

The Coral and Johnny Marr were support. Surprised how much I enjoyed Marr. Did some of his own stuff and a few Smiths classics. And he did really, REALLY long versions of Getting Away With It and Get The Message.

Cracking afternoon and evening. The rain just couldn’t dampen it.
Fotzepolitic  
#1203 Posted : 02 August 2019 17:07:42(UTC)
Fotzepolitic

" We're out of here, we're out of here, get to fuck with yer!" Sing it, Jimi.And a little recognition of his Dennis Taylor specs, too.Think he had a bit of a sore throat at the gig, a little bit noticeable here but it certainly didn't ruin the gig.What night in Brum last Sunday.Jimi came across a bit like a comically scary uncle at times now with his specs but his banter was ace.

Fotzepolitic  
#1204 Posted : 10 August 2019 19:18:50(UTC)
Fotzepolitic

Gotta love Lana.

This song must be soooo bloody hard to sing, jeez.There's hardly a second to catch breath between the lines.And she loses the battle a few times.She's really battling with the song.But the gal is a star.Love her.

"And I'm off to the races, cases
Of Bacardi chasers
Chasing me all over town...

I'm your little harlot starlet
Queen of Coney Island
Raising hell all over town
Sorry 'bout it"

Michael Monkhouse  
#1205 Posted : 11 August 2019 06:49:45(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse

Was thanked: 1607 time(s) in 1319 post(s)
Simon and Garfunkel, 'Wednesday Morning, 3 a.m.'. It is total and utter fucking shit.
Fotzepolitic  
#1206 Posted : 17 August 2019 12:29:19(UTC)
Fotzepolitic

The Orb.

Kind of gave up and lost track of them after their Orblivion album in 1997, i thought that album was mostly shite.Been catching up recently and obtaining all the albums they've done since then and there's a LOT.

I guess their zenith was Adventures Beyond The Ultraworld in 1991 and U.F.Orb in 1992 and i listened to those albums a lot back then. Orbus Terrarum in 1995 had some great stuff on (Valley, Plateau and Slug Dub "Oh deary me, what shall we do? There'll be no lettuce left when little Tim comes home". ) .Saw them live a few times 1992-1995.Caught their gig at Kentish Town Forum in 1995, a mad all nighter.

Albums like Cydonia in 2001 and The Dream in 2007 have some good stuff on 'em but overall i think they'd lost their way around that time.Baghdad Batteries in 2009 was a lot better (Super Soakers is a joy).I didn't know they'd done an album with one of their (or at least Alex Paterson's) heroes, David Gilmour.Mettallic Spheres from 2010 is basically heavy Orb dub beats with Gilmour freewheeling and freestyling his guitar playing over the top.Kind of good but doesn't quite reach the heights that i might have hoped for. The Orb also did a remix album of Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here back in the 90s which i spun a lot back then.And they also did an album with another of their heroes, Lee Scratch Perry in 2012.As you'd expect it's very,very dub.Fussball a highlight.The dub beats and Perry's vocals sounded great on my speakers earlier tonight.

The BBC sessions album has some great stuff on, cracking version of Huge Ever Growing Pulsating Brain.

2015's Moonbuilding 2073 AD didn't do much for me when gave it a spin this week.Haven't got round yet to Biycycles And Tricycles (2004), Okie Dokie It's The Orb On Kompakt (2005), and COW (Chill Out, World!) (2016) yet but i've been giving their most recent album, No Sounds Are Out Of Bounds (2018) heavy rotation tonight and was pleasantly surprised.It's one of their best in years i reckon.There's even one or two almost melancholic tracks (Ununited States- great title and how apt) towards the end of the album which is unusual for them, The Orb don't normally do melancholia.Drift (Rhianna sings on this one?? Crikey), Easy On The Onions and Soul Planet are absolutely lovely chilled out pieces.

There's a whole mountain of Orb related stuff, remixes they did and other aliases (i think) i've still never heard.

Go Easy On The Onions from their most recent album.

Edited by user 17 August 2019 14:05:26(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Debaser  
#1207 Posted : 18 August 2019 03:33:20(UTC)
Debaser

Was thanked: 1804 time(s) in 1385 post(s)
Peter Fox - Alles neu

This was used as a "music bed" on Match Of The Day last night. Or to be more precise, the instrumental version was used. As below.

Fotzepolitic  
#1208 Posted : 18 August 2019 11:57:03(UTC)
Fotzepolitic

Originally Posted by: Debaser Go to Quoted Post
Peter Fox - Alles neu

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

This was used as a "music bed" on Match Of The Day last night. Or to be more precise, the instrumental version was used. As below.

[YOUTUBE]

Um, don't know quite what to make of that! I had Match Of The Day on last night but don't recall that track but maybe i wasn't paying attention.

Talking of football, Lee Scratch Perry and The Orb's take on the "beautiful game".

"Kick it to the right-hand side
Shuffle, shuffle
And then you kick the ball
Double double shuffle
And then you kick the ball

Pass the ball
You got to win the game
Pass the ball
We got to win the game

Kick the ball
Boof! Kick the ball
Doof! Kick the ball
Boof! Kick the ball
Ooh! Win the game
Yeah! Win the game"

Beats hands down Keith Allen's lyrics for WIM , no?