logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Poll Question : Releases?
Choice Votes Statistics
  This year
47 %
  Next year
41 %
  In 2 years
11 %
  Not happening
0 %
  Total 17 100%
Guests can't vote. Try login or register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Andy  
#1 Posted : 17 April 2019 08:59:03(UTC)
Andy

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 3045 time(s) in 2127 post(s)
Thoughts (and prayers) ?

Edited by user 17 April 2019 09:12:16(UTC)  | Reason: Yes, there was.

thanks 1 user thanked Andy for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 22/04/2019(UTC)
Sponsor
Fotzepolitic  
#2 Posted : 17 April 2019 09:36:54(UTC)
Fotz

Was thanked: 3608 time(s) in 2613 post(s)
Even if the Movement box doesn't sell as well as they might have hoped ( who knows, yet) i reckon it'd still be worth their while doing a P,C & L box.It's arguably their most iconic and game changing album.It'd be a magnificent thing if they get the artwork and presentation right (and they probably would get that right going by the great Movement box).

I voted 2 years as i'm sure these things take a while to compile and put together, licensing for footage rights etc.

After that, who knows ? a Low Life box would be lovely.Not that fussed about a Brotherhood box .Technique; again, that would be good.But i'd settle for a P,C & L box even if they never do any more after that.
thanks 3 users thanked Fotz for this useful post.
negative1 on 17/04/2019(UTC), Andy on 19/04/2019(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 22/04/2019(UTC)
perspexorange  
#3 Posted : 17 April 2019 10:53:27(UTC)
perspexorange

Was thanked: 3407 time(s) in 2236 post(s)
Well, it may be wishful thinking on my part, but I voted for a release this year (for Christmas, say).

I'm kind of hoping that a lot of the groundwork has been done already (these box sets have been rumoured for 2-3 years, after all).
I would think that there's a pretty good chance that Steve and the other archivists have already begun work on PC&L and maybe even some of the other sets. Maybe not in any 'major' way, with the record label wanting to see how the Movement sells first. But, some of the following may already have been done:

Demos etc., - Frank Arkwright was working on the Movement demos a couple of years back (according to his Twitter feed). He may well have moved on to PC&L ones straight after or even a few months later.

Videos (gigs) - This may be reasonably painless to put together, depending on who owns the material (the band, IKON, the venue etc.). According to an interview with Steve I read 2-3 years back, he'd started sifting through live videos then (probably in respect of footage owned by the band). He may well have got a lot of this ready in anticipation. However, if the material is owned by a third-party, this may cause more headaches. I suspect that the Movement box experienced some delays and this was mainly because they really wanted to show the Hurrah's footage, so possibly had to jump through hoops to get it. Hopefully that won't be much of a problem with the later sets, i.e. only use the footage that the band owns and don't use 3rd-Party footage. Hurrah's was too good (i.e. very early in their career) to turn down using it.

Videos (TV) - This may be more problematic to obtain rights. However, there's a pretty good chance (I would think) that some of the approvals may have been sought at the same time as the Movement footage. For example, the BBC may have been asked to approve the various TOTP performances at the same time as they approved the Riverside footage etc. I'm not sure if financial arrangements would be worked out at the same time as approval though. Presumably the band / record label may not want to commit money on something to be included on a box set that never gets actually gets released.

Book - Things like the photos of the equipment for the book may well have already been taken (hopefully before Hooky sold the bleeding lot!). I can't see, for instance, the photographer only taking photos of Movement era equipment, when the guitars etc. used on later LPs are in the same room. Also, other photos (i.e. from gigs) from other periods may well have already been sent in by fans at the same time as the Movement ones.

All this is speculation, of course.
I'm sure that the level of work needed in a box set of this calibre is immense, but I'm hopeful that at least some of the work has already been undertaken. It certainly seems plausible.

The other thing to consider is the price of the box. Even if they have another box ready to go, they'd probably want to delay the release. Give the punters time to save up for it.

So, I'm crossing my fingers and predicting (!) a July / August press release for an early to mid November release.

thanks 2 users thanked perspexorange for this useful post.
Andy on 19/04/2019(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 22/04/2019(UTC)
perspexorange  
#4 Posted : 17 April 2019 10:56:06(UTC)
perspexorange

Was thanked: 3407 time(s) in 2236 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Fotzepolitic Go to Quoted Post
Even if the Movement box doesn't sell as well as they might have hoped ( who knows, yet) i reckon it'd still be worth their while doing a P,C & L box.It's arguably their most iconic and game changing album.It'd be a magnificent thing if they get the artwork and presentation right (and they probably would get that right going by the great Movement box).

I voted 2 years as i'm sure these things take a while to compile and put together, licensing for footage rights etc.

After that, who knows ? a Low Life box would be lovely.Not that fussed about a Brotherhood box .Technique; again, that would be good.But i'd settle for a P,C & L box even if they never do any more after that.

I won't be satisfied with anything less than a beautiful box set for every LP, along with the accompanying 12"s!
Oh, and either a set of matching 7"s, or some CD Single box sets! Big Grin

But, yeah, PC&L, Low-Life and Technique are the ones I'm praying for...
thanks 2 users thanked perspexorange for this useful post.
Mr Discography  
#5 Posted : 17 April 2019 12:44:56(UTC)
Mr Discography

Man

Was thanked: 620 time(s) in 351 post(s)
It's also great the original 12" single releases are now finally becoming available on digital stores, so it'd make sense to continue with that - imagine all the Factory singles being available online. Just wish they'd remaster the 7" versions and put them online too.
thanks 3 users thanked Mr Discography for this useful post.
Mike C. on 17/04/2019(UTC), Andy on 19/04/2019(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 22/04/2019(UTC)
Mike C.  
#6 Posted : 17 April 2019 14:59:59(UTC)
Mike C.

Man

Was thanked: 152 time(s) in 129 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mr Discography Go to Quoted Post
It's also great the original 12" single releases are now finally becoming available on digital stores, so it'd make sense to continue with that - imagine all the Factory singles being available online. Just wish they'd remaster the 7" versions and put them online too.
Glad you're seeing it. Gives me hope that this will happen for North America/USA. If I'm missing something, please let me know!

THX
...in a single breath, this world is gone...
thanks 1 user thanked Mike C. for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 22/04/2019(UTC)
negative1  
#7 Posted : 17 April 2019 15:12:26(UTC)
negative1

Was thanked: 1657 time(s) in 1151 post(s)
i said 1 year, but it will probably be 2 or more years. who knows.

that would be the best one i think, but low-life might be pushing it. anything after that wouldn't really work for me.

there's a lot of cool material from around the pcl era, lots of video material, and probably a lot of demos too.

most likely they won't be including the extra tracks or mixes that were already released on the deluxe editions.

so these are out:

Bonus Disc
2-1 Blue Monday 7:32
2-2 The Beach 7:22
2-3 Confusion 8:15
2-4 Thieves Like Us 6:38
2-5 Lonesome Tonight 5:13
2-6 Murder 3:57
2-7 Thieves Like Us (Instrumental) 6:59
2-8 Confusion (Instrumental) 7:36

Now as individual 12" re-releases, yes:

1 Blue Monday - recreated with the die cut sleeve, and black inner
2 Confusion with embossed sleeve, opens at top
3 Thieves like us
4 Murder

Maybe a record store Blue monday 7 inch, or include that video and the
vinyl edit on the cd.

No CD singles though, i doubt they will want to issue anything in that format,

Can they include the Peel Sessions material,
and what about all the 586 versions, and video 586.
would be interesting to compile those also.

looking forward to this thread in a year or so from now.

later

Edited by user 17 April 2019 15:20:51(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 4 users thanked negative1 for this useful post.
Mike C. on 17/04/2019(UTC), Baggie Boiler on 18/04/2019(UTC), Andy on 19/04/2019(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 22/04/2019(UTC)
The Shadow  
#8 Posted : 18 April 2019 12:56:30(UTC)
The Shadow

Was thanked: 548 time(s) in 401 post(s)
I think they will come out pretty quick, two a year.

Hopefully one will be delayed as New Order release something new?
thanks 2 users thanked The Shadow for this useful post.