logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Fotzepolitic  
#1 Posted : 24 August 2018 16:29:09(UTC)
Fotz

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3608 time(s) in 2613 post(s)
Been digging out the CD singles from the Music Complete period recently.Going through the remixes and i've really taken to two or three i initially played only once or twice when i first got them but dismissed back then as fairly forgettable.On giving them another chance i've gained an appreciation and quite a liking for the LNTG Can't Get Any Higher remix of People On The High Line and the Planet Funk remix of that song also.And the Hallo Halo remix of Tutti Frutti.

The LNTG remix of POTHL is lovely.Really like the funky bass and funky guitar.The Planet Funk remix of the song is fab, a big optimistic keyboard and bouncy beat with nice synth and piano flourishes.The Hallo Halo remix of Tutti Frutti has a hypnotic keyboard thing about it, kind of trippy and hedonistic.Sorry, i'm not great at describing music.But anyway, suffice to say i'm listening to these remixes in a new light.Anyone else a fan of these particular remixes?
thanks 1 user thanked Fotz for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 04/09/2018(UTC)
Sponsor
perspexorange  
#2 Posted : 26 August 2018 05:14:00(UTC)
perspexorange

Was thanked: 3407 time(s) in 2236 post(s)
Much like you, I listened to these once when I first got the CDs and haven't really played them since.

I thought I'd listen to the three you mentioned.
Yeah - pretty good.

I really like the guitar on the 'LNTG Can't Get Any Higher' remix of POTHL. It sounds quite Chic, which is always a good thing.
That 'Hallo Halo' remix of Tutti Fruity is rather nice. Quite ambient and even more chilled than the already 'laid back' original version.
The 'Planet Funk' mix of POTHL is rather stripped back and has quite a different melody to the original. Pretty pleasant.

It's funny, POTHL is my second least favourite track on MC (just ahead of Superheated), but the remixes are rather good. I guess the track suits them.

You've made me want to listen to all the MC remixes now; to see if there are any other hidden gems on the CD singles.
So, thanks for that! :-)
thanks 2 users thanked perspexorange for this useful post.
Fotz on 26/08/2018(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 04/09/2018(UTC)
Fotzepolitic  
#3 Posted : 26 August 2018 09:28:18(UTC)
Fotz

Yep they're great.

Also, searching around i found an instrumental version of Andrew Weatherall's remix of Restless and also a dub version of that remix.I, ahem, obtained them.The dub version is pretty good and a little different from the instrumental.Also an instrumental version of the RAC remix of Restless though i think that one's been mentioned on here ages ago.
Ken Doherty  
#4 Posted : 30 August 2018 07:01:34(UTC)
Ken Doherty

Man

Was thanked: 383 time(s) in 313 post(s)
I liked the Erol Alkan remixes, otherwise not bothered about any of the other ones that have been released.
thanks 1 user thanked Ken Doherty for this useful post.
negative1  
#5 Posted : 30 August 2018 07:20:33(UTC)
negative1

Was thanked: 1657 time(s) in 1151 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Fotzepolitic Go to Quoted Post
Yep they're great.

Also, searching around i found an instrumental version of Andrew Weatherall's remix of Restless and also a dub version of that remix.I, ahem, obtained them.The dub version is pretty good and a little different from the instrumental.Also an instrumental version of the RAC remix of Restless though i think that one's been mentioned on here ages ago.

there's a ton of instrumental and dub versions. some are promo's, some are made from the multitracks.

they're all listed in the usual listings, etc.

later
thanks 1 user thanked negative1 for this useful post.
Fotzepolitic  
#6 Posted : 30 August 2018 07:23:54(UTC)
Fotz

Originally Posted by: negative1 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Fotzepolitic Go to Quoted Post
Yep they're great.

there's a ton of instrumental and dub versions. some are promo's, some are made from the multitracks.

they're all listed in the usual listings, etc.

later

I’m not sure I like your tone.