logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
keepitcoming  
#1 Posted : 12 April 2018 10:09:25(UTC)
keepitcoming

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 467 time(s) in 406 post(s)
I only listened through the albums about 3 times each on vinyl , in one sitting when they were released . Editing onto cassette tape allowed, obviously , to cull the songs I didn't care for and add instead great stuff not included , yet out on 12" or 45rpm singles---Ceremony , Temptation, cries whispers, EGG, procession,etc
So returning to those culled songs such as ' the him'( why not ' the he' ,and where is the follow up 'The Her') ,etc..realized that more listens are not necessary . , some are still not very enjoyable.
I have listened to eveything from brohood to lost sirens between 2 and 3 thousand times , and the best songs of PCL, Movement and LowLife , and Music Complete probably fewer than 500 times , Your Silent Face and Age of Consent exceptions of course.
So, my new CD edits are basically the same as my cassette edits. Adding
Turn the Heater On , and the Peel session stuff , Lonesome Tonight suddenly give even more spark, brio ,vim ,and vigor to the early stuff.
Their wonderful songs are so wonderful and plentiful, it takes a lifetime to savour them all. Just imagine getting to heaven and the new order songs and golf, sailing ,flying, and sex are there for all eternity. What a Paradise!!!, well worth praying for.

We're like kestrels
thanks 1 user thanked keepitcoming for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 30/04/2018(UTC)
Sponsor
Fotzepolitic  
#2 Posted : 12 April 2018 12:17:33(UTC)
Fotz

Was thanked: 3608 time(s) in 2613 post(s)
Was in Northampton yesterday, actually got a little lost trying to find my way out back to where i live (about 20 miles from Northampton) and drove past the Roadmender club where New Order played a gig in 1981 in their very early years and couldn't help but think how they've changed (ooh, you've changed!) since then for better or worse.Songs like The Him , Doubts Even Here and Procession were described by some hack or two back then as "the music of the spheres" (i'm remembering the scans in the History In Cuttings thing that i obtained in the mid 80s of the early 81/82 gigs here, i wasn't actually even aware of New Order in 1981).In 2011 i saw Re:Order at Northampton Roadmender club, my first ever visit to the venue despite living only 20 miles away.Great night.And don't dismiss Northampton before you remember Alan Moore the "comic book writer, occultist,ceremonial magician and anarchist" who still resides there and also slowthai, also from Northampton and i feel could be a big name in the not too distant future.But yeah, Movement... keepitcoming seems to dismiss some of Movement as 'not very enjoyable' which is unusual for thee KICmeister, i thought he or she regarded every single New Order song ever recorded as heavenly.Still big ups to the KICmaestro for keeping count of how many times he or she has listened to the albums.

Edited by user 12 April 2018 12:34:55(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Fotz for this useful post.
keepitcoming  
#3 Posted : 13 April 2018 11:57:28(UTC)
keepitcoming

Was thanked: 467 time(s) in 406 post(s)
Well, as an "old offender",I botched my post. I I do like ' the him', though the title is weird to me. The songs 1-6, and 8 from movement are fine songs , i meant song 7, which is callled Doubts Even Here, , I mean no harm but I doubt I have heard it 5 times.
I am especially dysfunctional with song titles . To save my life ,I still could not identify ,by the NO titles, certain songs from technique, movement, PCL, or lost sirens, but maybe could ace GR, Republic,or maybe not, and sirens, and MC.
And ,
Thanks for your post
We're like kestrels
thanks 1 user thanked keepitcoming for this useful post.