logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Debaser  
#1 Posted : 26 October 2017 04:03:41(UTC)
Debaser

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2987 time(s) in 2068 post(s)
Dennis's foray into Get Ready reviews reminded me of the premix album which was kindly shared with me a while ago by a forum member.
Which in turn reminds me that there was an unmastered CDr of WFTSC.
Assuming the descriptions are correct on Discogs HERE and HERE, it seems there were just two tracks that were different: JET (ugh!) and Turn (hmm). Anyone got these tracks or this CDr version of the album? Thoughts on the pre-mix versions?

thanks 1 user thanked Debaser for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 26/10/2017(UTC)
Sponsor
LostSiren  
#2 Posted : 26 October 2017 07:24:47(UTC)
LostSiren

Was thanked: 218 time(s) in 176 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Debaser Go to Quoted Post
Dennis's foray into Get Ready reviews reminded me of the premix album which was kindly shared with me a while ago by a forum member.
Assuming the descriptions are correct on Discogs HERE and HERE, it seems there were just two tracks that were different: JET (ugh!) and Turn (hmm). Anyone got these tracks or this CDr version of the album? Thoughts on the pre-mix versions?

I have an Anna Matronic-free version of Jetstream, which is an improvement. Totally the same otherwise. Not sure if that was on the pre-releases you refer to though.
thanks 1 user thanked LostSiren for this useful post.
Isi  
#3 Posted : 26 October 2017 09:59:55(UTC)
Isi

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 25 post(s)
is the unmastered cd brickwalled like the final version?
"I haven't time to sympathise, with all this nonsense and your lies"
thanks 1 user thanked Isi for this useful post.
Michael Monkhouse  
#4 Posted : 27 October 2017 08:08:53(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse

Was thanked: 2410 time(s) in 2004 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LostSiren Go to Quoted Post

I have an Anna Matronic-free version of Jetstream, which is an improvement.

How can you improve on perfection?
Anyone else remember 18.10 at http://www.worldinmotion.net/newsroom/1999.htm ? I fell for it. When GR finally emerged I couldn't wank out if this was
a) a hoax (most likely)
b) a bunch of shit they recorded but rejected (least likely given their output rate)
c) early versions of GR (likely e.g. Blue Velvet - Crystal).
BALLS.
thanks 1 user thanked Michael Monkhouse for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 27/10/2017(UTC)
Fotzepolitic  
#5 Posted : 27 October 2017 12:49:23(UTC)
Fotz

Was thanked: 3608 time(s) in 2613 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Michael Monkhouse Go to Quoted Post

I have an Anna Matronic-free version of Jetstream, which is an improvement.

How can you improve on perfection?
Anyone else remember 18.10 at http://www.worldinmotion.net/newsroom/1999.htm ? I fell for it. When GR finally emerged I couldn't wank out if this was
a) a hoax (most likely)
b) a bunch of shit they recorded but rejected (least likely given their output rate)
c) early versions of GR (likely e.g. Blue Velvet - Crystal).
BALLS.

Yikes i remember that list of song titles- Blue Velvet, Deepest Sea, Out Of Order etc.That World In Motion newsroom dates it as October 1999 whereas i recall not reading that list til about mid 2000.I think i did fall for it at the time or at least some of the titles.Didn't someone who posts or used to post on here claim a few years back it was him that made up all those song titles? Wasn't it that Australian guy who used to post on here? What was his user name? Might have remembered that wrong.As i said, i did fall for it back in about 2000 but they were much more naive and innocent times lol . that World In Motion site was my source of info circa 1998-2003 before i eventually swore my allegiance to NOOL .Reading some of those newsroom updates seems now like all that stuff was hundreds of years ago .Things like "New Order will go into the studio in summer 1999 to start work on their next album" and " Barney said the New Order album will be out by the end of 1999" are just plain bizarre to read now.

thanks 1 user thanked Fotz for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 27/10/2017(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse  
#6 Posted : 27 October 2017 23:02:28(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse

Was thanked: 2410 time(s) in 2004 post(s)
I think someone on these forums finally admitted he made it up. I fell for it but I think most people did, mainly cos the Net wasn't such a free-for-all back then so things looked authoritative. I was interested in Sylvia Plath and I actually used to print out forum comments on her poems as if they were as worthwhile as the books. I finally realised how unreliable these things are when someone posted, 'I have a theory Plath was molested by her father.' There was a huge reaction - Do you have access to personal letters or diaries? Do you know someone who spoke to her confidentially? This could revolutionise Plath criticism' - nothing... Finally the silly wanker wrote, 'No, but she was so fucked up, I reckon something bad must've happened to her.' Oxbridge interpretation there.
I hardly ever go to WIM These Days.
thanks 1 user thanked Michael Monkhouse for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 28/10/2017(UTC)
Fotzepolitic  
#7 Posted : 27 October 2017 23:50:48(UTC)
Fotz

Was thanked: 3608 time(s) in 2613 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Michael Monkhouse Go to Quoted Post
I think someone on these forums finally admitted he made it up. I fell for it but I think most people did, mainly cos the Net wasn't such a free-for-all back then so things looked authoritative.

Ah that's it, you nailed it better than me, maybe that's what i was getting at; once upon a time long ago people used to believe what they read on the internet.World In Motion was the sensible, slightly boring yet not irritating (no flaming avatars) option for New Order news and forum chat.NOOL was fun, but with irritating flaming avatars in the early 00s.The flaming and irritating avatars were later removed thank goodness.
thanks 1 user thanked Fotz for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 28/10/2017(UTC)
perspexorange  
#8 Posted : 06 November 2017 02:16:39(UTC)
perspexorange

Was thanked: 3407 time(s) in 2236 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Debaser Go to Quoted Post

I have an Anna Matronic-free version of Jetstream, which is an improvement. Totally the same otherwise. Not sure if that was on the pre-releases you refer to though.

From another thread:

Originally Posted by: NotAMod Go to Quoted Post
I own the promos so it's option 3: they do exist.

The "percussive version" of Turn is actually hidden in plain sight as it was released amongst the 2015 remasters which are commonly available on most digital outlets right now (iTunes, 7digital, Qobuz etc.) Find a WFTSC 2015 offering and download Turn (make sure it is marked as the 2015 version) then if you so wish compare/contrast to the 2005 version. You'll hear that the percussion overall is totally different particularly at the start. Disclaimer: I take no responsibility if Warners figured out the mix-up and have since fixed it although if it costs you more than 99p I'll be impressed!

I'll look into uploading the "drumless intro" J-E-T at some point; bar that minor difference at the beginning of the track it's completely unremarkable otherwise.

I highly doubt that particular mix will ever be released commercially but I will only put a link up for a short window for those interested.

It looks like there must be at least two pre-release versions of JET; the 'dreamless intro' version and the pre-Anna version. I've yet to hear either, so if anyone could help me out, that would be great.
thanks 1 user thanked perspexorange for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 06/11/2017(UTC)
perspexorange  
#9 Posted : 06 November 2017 02:19:56(UTC)
perspexorange

Was thanked: 3407 time(s) in 2236 post(s)
And by 'dreamless', I do, of course, mean 'drumless'. Damn auto-correct.
Can't seem to edit my original post; it marks it as spam.
thanks 1 user thanked perspexorange for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 06/11/2017(UTC)