logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bill  
#1 Posted : 06 December 2014 10:23:18(UTC)
Bill

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1611 time(s) in 1339 post(s)
That perky duh duh duh- duh-duh duh -duh-duh-duh thing bobbing along in the background is so like the live version of Temptation on Riverside, no?

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r75BFcH4u2k[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77O-PHVrwFU[/YOUTUBE]
thanks 1 user thanked Bill for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 07/12/2014(UTC)
Sponsor
Debaser  
#2 Posted : 07 December 2014 06:13:23(UTC)
Debaser

Was thanked: 2987 time(s) in 2068 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Bill Go to Quoted Post
That perky duh duh duh- duh-duh duh -duh-duh-duh thing bobbing along in the background is so like the live version of Temptation on Riverside, no?

The album/track came out about a year ago and I remember using up some soon-to-expire amazon vouchers to buy Reflektor last December.
I was listening to it on my ipod in Stansted airport waiting for a Christmas flight and thinking: Someone's going to point out the New Ordery-ness of this on NOOL. But I'm not sure anyone has until now.

I also remember Arcade Fire winning a Brit award for their 'Suburbs' album in 2011, and mentioning New Order in their acceptance speech. At the time I really couldn't hear any NO in their music, but that was before they worked with LCD's James Murphy on Reflektor.

So when we briefly thought that NO were signing to Murphy's DFA label (pre-Mute announcement) earlier this year, I did think that Murphy might be able to bring out the 'old' New Order in them. I guess some people would argue that we shouldn't be looking for the 'old' NO, but their Factory years were surely their best.

Incidentally that Temptation clip was on BBC4 on Friday night, and I ended up watching the whole of that Synth Britannia prog (I really like Barneys vox on this performance; wish he'd sing like that now). Followed by another of those BBC4 programs, "The Story of Funk" which was also really good. And next thing you know it was 2am. Damn you BBC4.

thanks 1 user thanked Debaser for this useful post.
Bill  
#3 Posted : 07 December 2014 07:43:59(UTC)
Bill

Man

Was thanked: 1611 time(s) in 1339 post(s)
Yeah i did first hear it about a year ago and thought in sounded New Order but heard it again the other day.I'm not actually that big on Arcade Fire.Just never totally clicked with me .That Synth Brittania thing was on again the other night? That must be about the upteenth time it's been shown.That history of funk programme sounded interesting, might catch it on iplayer if i get time
thanks 1 user thanked Bill for this useful post.
Debaser  
#4 Posted : 07 December 2014 12:15:26(UTC)
Debaser

Was thanked: 2987 time(s) in 2068 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Bill Go to Quoted Post
I'm not actually that big on Arcade Fire.Just never totally clicked with me

Well having seen them live at Brixton Academy on their Neon Bible tour I'd probably describe myself as a fan with a small 'f'. They tend to play the O2 arena when they play London these days (or Hyde Park last summer) which I think is too big for them. I'm hoping at some point they'll make an obscure but brilliant album so they can move to smaller venues again.

Not really related to the above, but I look for any excuse to share this. The first 'dancable' thing I ever heard from the band. A Soulwax remix that never got released.

thanks 1 user thanked Debaser for this useful post.