logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Sage_  
#51 Posted : 19 April 2014 02:21:46(UTC)
Sage_

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 220 time(s) in 164 post(s)
Aracri wrote:
Sage_ wrote:
Aracri wrote:
0_o wrote:
The song style is un-neworderly, seems much more standard alterna-lite rock. At least not repeating himself, but not quite the epic jam it tries to be IMO.

Seems like a good live song, as everyone in the band gets involved. If some of the new songs are more "electronic" in style, they may be harder to play live.

It would be an anachronism if the New Order's sound of today sounded exactly as it was in the early days, their music would sound dated. The best thing in New Order in the 80s was how their music sounded fresh and modern. One of the things that makes me happy when Get Ready came out in 2001 was how they still sounded contemporary inserting electronics in a more organic guitar driven songs. In my opinion, "Singularity" has the authentic New Order's signature, even not repeating their old and epical 12" writing style.

I disagree.
I think electronic music is more relevant than ever, and rock is a thing of the past.
Just listen to the radio or look at what songs have been charting in the past few years.

Singularity is a bit lite-alternative rock, but I don't mind as long as most of the album is electronic/synth based songs.

I think what you mean is there's room for development, new sounds mixed with old. but it almost comes across as you (Aracri) don't want them doing electronic music.

I didn't say that really. I just think they should look ahead and it seems they're doing it. And this is not a question of doing electronic music or not, or if rock'n roll is a overfashioned sound. But the wonderful thing in Get Ready is they didn't repeat themselves. And I never saw New Order as an electronic music band - as Kraftwerk, which I love so much - but a musical group who incorporated electronics and dance floor influences in its formula. And they're still doing that. "Singularity" really sounds like New Order because that song truly has some of its trademarks even not resembling exactly to "Blue Monday" or "Perfect Kiss". If they were doing that, they're doing a kind of pastiche of themselves. Play synthesizers to emulate/recreate de mid-80s sound is something as rooted in the past as rock also is. If the new song sounds like lite-alternative rock, is because the lite-alternative bands sounds as New Order.

I think the beauty of New Order is the group is as much semi rock as they are semi electronic. I wish they continue exploring and mixing both styles.

The other important thing is: does the charts are really relevant as measure to discussing anything? I really don't think so. In the past few years, as you said, electronic music or pop music based on electronics has been charted a lot... But the tracks on the charts are like waves: they come and go. Some become classic (so much guitar driven songs as electronic based tracks). Some not.

Yeah I guess you're right.
I wouldn't want to discourage them from doing Blue Monday no.2 considering it's their biggest song.
thanks 1 user thanked Sage_ for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 21/09/2014(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse  
#52 Posted : 22 April 2014 05:54:55(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse

Was thanked: 2410 time(s) in 2004 post(s)
Dreams_Never_End wrote:
Professionally filmed video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ5idkbbSno

What I like so much is how all the band members all have very distinct elements they add to the song: Steve's drum solo at 5.20, Tom's bass line, Phil's recurring guitar riff, Bernard's riff at 5.36 and even some clear keyboard parts from Gillian!

Yeah, why's there always one 'Don't like' tosser? I reckon it's Andy off Little Britain.
thanks 1 user thanked Michael Monkhouse for this useful post.
Bill  
#53 Posted : 26 April 2014 00:50:16(UTC)
Bill

Man

Was thanked: 1611 time(s) in 1339 post(s)
I like it more now than i did a few weeks ago.The lyris don't seem as trite as they did on first listen.Bit concerned though that the guitar bit at 1.36 to around 1.50 ( in the professional, webcast shot footage in Sau Paulo) reminds me of I Will Follow by U2.

Edited by user 26 April 2014 03:55:08(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Bill for this useful post.
Andy  
#54 Posted : 26 April 2014 09:46:05(UTC)
Andy

Man

Was thanked: 3073 time(s) in 2144 post(s)
Bill wrote:
I like it more now than i did a few weeks ago.The lyris don't seem as trite as they did on first listen.Bit concerned though that the guitar bit at 1.36 to around 1.50 ( in the professional, webcast shot footage in Sau Paulo) reminds me of I Will Follow by U2.

The riff may begin in the same key but that's where the resemblance ends for me.

Try not to let it play on your mind.
thanks 1 user thanked Andy for this useful post.
Bill  
#55 Posted : 26 April 2014 13:22:05(UTC)
Bill

Man

Was thanked: 1611 time(s) in 1339 post(s)
Andy wrote:
Bill wrote:

The riff may begin in the same key but that's where the resemblance ends for me.

OK.Boss.Not sure i like your tone but it's so hard over the computer inter web.
thanks 1 user thanked Bill for this useful post.
keepitcoming  
#56 Posted : 26 April 2014 14:29:43(UTC)
keepitcoming

Was thanked: 467 time(s) in 406 post(s)
the record release will obviously have superlative vocals by sumner, and i suspect all of the new songs will be of great quality. these still very young old wonders will never release anything less than great , as they are writing for themselves , not us .
We're like kestrels
thanks 1 user thanked keepitcoming for this useful post.
Andy  
#57 Posted : 26 April 2014 15:27:14(UTC)
Andy

Man

Bill wrote:
Andy wrote:
Bill wrote:

OK.Boss.Not sure i like your tone but it's so hard over the computer inter web.

I'm still trying to get the hang of this TV-Typewriter contraption.
Michael Monkhouse  
#58 Posted : 01 May 2014 01:58:18(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse

keepitcoming wrote:
all of the new songs will be of great quality.

Thanks for clearing that one up.
Andy  
#59 Posted : 01 May 2014 02:56:48(UTC)
Andy

Man

Michael Monkhouse wrote:
keepitcoming wrote:

But will they have a certain je ne sais quoi?
Ruined in a day  
#60 Posted : 02 May 2014 12:58:22(UTC)
Ruined in a day

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Andy wrote:
Michael Monkhouse wrote:
keepitcoming wrote:

But will they have a certain je ne sais quoi?

I can assure you, they will certainly have a certain "whatcha doing?".
thanks 2 users thanked Ruined in a day for this useful post.
Andy on 02/05/2014(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 21/09/2014(UTC)
Col72  
#61 Posted : 07 May 2014 10:07:07(UTC)
Col72

Man

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 61 post(s)
Well, looks like 2015 for any more new New Order if this interview is to be believed. . . .

http://www.mtv.com.br/noticias/papo-mtv-new-order/

Most of us will be dead before anything else is released... .
There's no sense in telling me, the wisdom of a fool wont set you free
thanks 1 user thanked Col72 for this useful post.
50poundnote  
#62 Posted : 07 May 2014 10:49:27(UTC)
50poundnote

Was thanked: 934 time(s) in 517 post(s)
Col72 wrote:
Well, looks like 2015 for any more new New Order if this interview is to be believed. . . .

2015 is only 7 months away.
thanks 1 user thanked 50poundnote for this useful post.
Linus Solanki  
#63 Posted : 08 May 2014 03:30:58(UTC)
Linus Solanki

Was thanked: 1014 time(s) in 643 post(s)
For those who do not hold to wait until 2015 , " Singularity " and another new song to be released by the end of the year

Translated from Spanish to English

Hours before closing to 2014 edition of Lollapalooza Brazil , New Order spent a few minutes talking to the website of MTV in the hotel they were staying in the south of São Paulo . We discuss details about the new album , caipirinhas and of course , the show that night .

"It will have something for everyone : a little bit of New Order , a bit of Joy Division and a new song ," singer Bernard Sumner anticipated . The show , which took place on the last day of Lollapalooza , had everything we promised the band and the fans cheered , closing the festival on a high note , despite the heavy competition from Arcade Fire , who played on another stage at the same time.

The novelty of the evening was the song " Singularity " which should be on the next album. According to Sumner , there is no certain prediction for the album release . " Sometime after Christmas " , clarifies and leaves those who follow the group even more anxious . For the past 22 years, the New Order came into the studio just three times . " I already wrote the letter six or seven songs . Now I need to work on six other " account. For those who do not hold to wait until 2015 , " Singularity " and another new song to be released by the end of the year .

This was the fourth presentation of the band in the country and another chapter of flirtation between the New Order and the Brazilian public. " The fans are great and enthusiastic ," explains keyboardist Gillian Gilbert . According to drummer Stephen Morris , the band is always well received everywhere , especially in South America, " Half of what we do comes from us , on stage , the other half comes from the audience . So what is so special touch here , where people are receptive and friendly , " adds Sumner .

But fans have to compete with a strong competitor at heart of the band : the caipirinha . " When we play here , some five years ago , someone gave me some drinks and now is my favorite cocktail ," Sumner , the more talkative of all account.

The tasting drinks was one of the only band activities on Brazilian soil . " We travel constantly and when we arrived at a hotel , do not want to get into a car . All I do is relax, watch some TV and sleep , "said Sumner . Morris also notes that the traffic in the capital city does not help . " It takes a long time to get somewhere ," he says .

The band opens some exceptions for bars and restaurants meet or be present at parties . On Friday , the group honored the gala amfAR charity event in pro of AIDS research . Despite having rendered a hangover to Sumner , he liked both the party and the cause was still using pulseirinha event and regretted not having been able to perform for the guests . " We would have played if they were not our equipment in Montevideo , where we show last week ," he explains .

The same presentation in Montevideo is cited by Morris as one of the most memorable New Order recently. " We had never been there and it is always special to know a new place," he explains. He also mentions a show made ​​in Mexico City , which attracted more than 60 thousand people , as one of their favorites .

The mini tour in South America - which went through Buenos Aires , Montevideo and Santiago, and São Paulo - still earned a place in the audience for a show of Arcade Fire in Argentina and a tour by a Chilean winery. " Our tours always seem to involve a lot of alcohol ," jokes Sumner .

Edited by user 08 May 2014 03:59:37(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I promise to make you so alive that the fall of dust on furniture will deafen you. Nina Cassian
thanks 1 user thanked Linus Solanki for this useful post.
Aracri  
#64 Posted : 08 May 2014 05:22:44(UTC)
Aracri

Man

Was thanked: 403 time(s) in 355 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Linus Solanki Go to Quoted Post

Translated from Spanish to English

I think you meant "translated from Portuguese to English". Smile

Peter Who?

UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked Aracri for this useful post.
Michael Monkhouse  
#65 Posted : 14 June 2014 23:47:17(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse

Hooky recently compared the intro bass to Novelty. Good song and better than a lot of the last 3 albums, but 2 songs in a year? It was gonna be a regular EP ethic. Surprise.