logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
The Shadow  
#1 Posted : 24 July 2013 09:24:36(UTC)
The Shadow

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 548 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Out of all the Joy Division nights I attended over the last couple of years the Buxton gig was my favourite, so I was really looking forward to the first two New Order albums being played live. I attended the Manchester night at the Cathedral a few months back and Hooky did the albums more than justice.

Hooky normally does Ceremony so well live but tonight there was some sound problems at first which took the dynamic of the song away. But after this The Light were fantastic. He does Movement so well with Dreams Never End becoming a real treat to hear. Also tiptop draw was Senses and ICB.

So far so good as was expected. In Manchester I thought Movement was done better than power corruption and lies. But the second half of the set I was blown away, every track delivered really well. I could not sit down for the second half and danced the rest of the night until my legs ached. So many songs were SO good. Highlights were EGG, YSF, 586, ultraviolence was menacing and sounded how Dec described it in his excellent From heaven to Heaven book. One of my all time favourite New Order songs is Leave Me Alone and I love Bernard's voice in this track but Hooky completely nailed it tonight.

An amazing encore with an outstanding version of hurt and Temptation. Hooky invited everyone on stage for Blue Monday and Buxton was rocking like a rave. Good crowd, no pretensions, great weather, lovely to come out of the gig into the Peak District rather than a city centre to enjoy one last pint before home.

After an excellent Jodrell Bank it was great to have another New Order night that was just so good. I,m getting used to all these new order gigs, they have been frequent for New Order over the last couple of years...... Keep em coming I say,
thanks 4 users thanked The Shadow for this useful post.
Cranelane on 24/07/2013(UTC), PeterHookAndTheLight on 24/07/2013(UTC), 79order on 24/07/2013(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 25/07/2013(UTC)
Sponsor
World Domination: Complete  
#2 Posted : 24 July 2013 21:57:16(UTC)
Baggie Boiler

Man

Was thanked: 1022 time(s) in 811 post(s)
I don't like tribute bands Big Grin
Let's all wave our arms about !
thanks 1 user thanked Baggie Boiler for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 25/07/2013(UTC)
79order  
#3 Posted : 25 July 2013 16:03:32(UTC)
79order

Was thanked: 247 time(s) in 217 post(s)
Sister order went,had a jolly good time, until security threw her off stage.

I'm just stuck with getting pissed in Mexico,,,,,,,hurry up reading..

Sooner than you think.
thanks 1 user thanked 79order for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 26/07/2013(UTC)