logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GotBlueEyes  
#26 Posted : 01 April 2016 05:00:06(UTC)
GotBlueEyes

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 556 time(s) in 312 post(s)
Originally Posted by: morgan1098 Go to Quoted Post
Here's the email that notes the two new remixes... in Web page form. It came from Warner Music, but again, I didn't buy the box. The only thing I ordered from Warner was the Restless CD single and slipcase...

http://view.e.warnermusi...65927a9adbed19e4e8bd63bf

Weirdly I had TWO almost identical emails on the subject.

1 from the New Order Mute mailing list
1 from the New Order Rhino mailing list

Nothing from Warners - although the emails were identical apart from the bit about the 2 alternate extended versions being sent to boxset owners for free

thanks 1 user thanked GotBlueEyes for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 01/04/2016(UTC)
Jonathan  
#27 Posted : 01 April 2016 06:39:54(UTC)
Jonathan

Was thanked: 148 time(s) in 123 post(s)
Well, one learns eventually, I suppose.

Add my voice to the chorus of box-set owners groaning about this release.

Both because, whilst they might never have said that the extended mixes would be exclusive to the box-set release, they certainly implied it. And to be honest that was the main reason I bought the box, to legitimately own the extended mixes.

Adding insult to injury is the suggestion that they don't think that two of the mixes are that good and have had them redone. The box set was supposed to be the deluxe product.

The new 2CD is a much better product for me than the boxed set release and of course they only conceived of it after making sure they've shovelled the box to as many people as possible.

I do like the cover on "Complete Music", FWIW. But I won't be buying it.

I think I've just completed a change of mind that started when I saw a copy of Pulp's "Different Class" - deluxe edition - discounted in HMV. I don't own that album in any form at all, I've never listened to a Pulp album, and I've heard great things about that one in particular. I ended up passing on the deluxe ed because I was thinking, the core product, the original album, is the really great bit, right? the rest is interesting but the core bit is the important bit. And had my thoughts developed further along those lines I would have applied the same thinking to Music Complete.
thanks 1 user thanked Jonathan for this useful post.
NotAMod  
#28 Posted : 01 April 2016 08:02:15(UTC)
NotAMod

Groups: Moderators, Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 1069 time(s) in 664 post(s)
I also didn't receive the e-mail promising box-set owners will get both of the "new improved" Extended Versions although I definitely ordered a box-set and my e-mail address has not changed. The digital back-end of what Mute is doing with New Order went from promising beginnings to being very hit and miss which in 2015/6 isn't really excusable. The interweb has been around for long enough for them to get this right. I was quite surprised to read there were further issues with some fans receiving their digital Singularity single. It's genuinely baffling as to why some record labels still seem to be so useless at this. Still, on the positive side I love the fact they are offering HD audio of most of the new stuff, that was and still is a great step forward.

As for the extended mixes being released outside of the box-set I must admit that doesn't really bother me. I took it as read that they'd appear separately at some point because the label/band paying for them to be made and then limiting them to a niche release doesn't really make much sense whichever way you look at it. There's legitimate money to be made releasing them on their own and that's fair enough. I figured it would be an "exclusive" box set owners would enjoy for up to a year before they came out under their own steam and sure enough here we are. I wasn't expecting them to redo any of them so that is about the only surprise. The extended Nothing But A Fool sounds a bit rough'n'ready but I quite like that vibe about it. I hope the new one isn't too sanitised. As for Superheated, even for an extended mix I thought it droned on a bit and repeated the guitar riff a little too much towards the end. A truly great extended mix shouldn't make you check the running time and I definitely was with that one.

Trainspotter territory again but the assertion that Apart from 'Singularity (Extended Mix)’ which was included on the single release, this is the first time these mixes are available outside of the box set isn't really true. The remix Stems (which play on most media players as a regular AAC file) for both Academic (Extended Mix) and Tutti Frutti (Extended Mix) were released on digital music sites late last year. So er yeah, they're out there.
thanks 1 user thanked NotAMod for this useful post.
Debaser  
#29 Posted : 01 April 2016 11:01:28(UTC)
Debaser

Was thanked: 3031 time(s) in 2085 post(s)
I get the impression that the NO store has confused people who bought the Restless single with people who bought the box set. Woops.
I bought the first two singles from the NO store (but it appears I wisely switched to Piccadilly Records for the third one), and I also have the email telling me I'll get the new extended mixes. I didn't buy the box set.
I have a funny feeling that NOOLers will be able to resolve this anyway, courtesy of PMs etc, but I can imagine it being a bit galling if you spent the dosh on that thing and didn't get the email you should have. Where is the love, eh?
thanks 1 user thanked Debaser for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 02/04/2016(UTC)
Jcp7  
#30 Posted : 01 April 2016 11:10:37(UTC)
Jcp7

Man

Was thanked: 646 time(s) in 542 post(s)
I've bought the box and restless at the no store and didn't receive the email about the free tracks.
thanks 1 user thanked Jcp7 for this useful post.
Debaser  
#31 Posted : 01 April 2016 11:16:54(UTC)
Debaser

Was thanked: 3031 time(s) in 2085 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Hé Go to Quoted Post
I've bought the box and restless at the no store and didn't receive the email about the free tracks.

Ahh, you should have just bought Restless by itself. That's the mistake you made!
thanks 2 users thanked Debaser for this useful post.
Andy on 01/04/2016(UTC), ROCKET MICK on 02/04/2016(UTC)
rosygale  
#32 Posted : 01 April 2016 12:57:46(UTC)
rosygale

Woman

Was thanked: 88 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Can’t believe some ppl are miffed that non boxsetters are finally getting their hands on the extended versions, god knows we’re waiting long enough, and what difference does it make to the sound? I don’t get it
Anyway not to whinge too much but there are the two songs with the second extended versions which although they may be fabulous, I still hope the originals will become legally available sometime, maybe somewhere among the multiple remixes that are issued as singles, some of which are in effect freebies as it’s actually more hassle and no cheaper to buy selected tracks, which also risks missing out on something that lacks immediacy. If not they might acquire scarcity value as the ones that got away. Or do we have to wait till they pop up on youtube? (one of them has already)
There's a good chance I will end up buying the original album 3 times but still be missing 2 versions of songs.

Edited by user 01 April 2016 13:05:02(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked rosygale for this useful post.
Get Ready  
#33 Posted : 02 April 2016 00:13:13(UTC)
Get Ready

Was thanked: 144 time(s) in 110 post(s)
Originally Posted by: morgan1098 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: BazG Go to Quoted Post
Well that email clearly states that whoever has previously purchased the box set will get the 2 new mixes sent to them for free. As for receiving them on May 13th, without any problems....I won't hold my breath. Stranger things have happened though.

Yeah, for one thing, I DIDN'T ORDER THE BOX SET, despite the fact that the email told me I did. So they clearly don't know what they're doing. I did order the Restless CD single/slipcase from there, which is likely how I got on the mailing list.

Same here. Never has the world known such levels of confusion since the Tower of Babel. If ever there would be a Third Testament, this episode of human incompetence would be in it.

I love Academic extended and will make do with that. I'll leave the broken download links and ten copies of the same bloody song to the diehards.

As for remixes, never have have been keen on other people's meddlings - apart from State Shirt's The Him.

That is simply sublime.
thanks 1 user thanked Get Ready for this useful post.
Mike  
#34 Posted : 02 April 2016 01:50:42(UTC)
ROCKET MICK

Was thanked: 226 time(s) in 125 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Debaser Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Hé Go to Quoted Post

Ahh, you should have just bought Restless by itself. That's the mistake you made!

I did...no email...mind you they KNow meWink
thanks 1 user thanked ROCKET MICK for this useful post.
Debaser on 02/04/2016(UTC)
musicoloog  
#35 Posted : 02 April 2016 03:16:24(UTC)
musicoloog

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GotBlueEyes Go to Quoted Post
Adding to the CONFUSION!

I did order the boxset but haven't had the email about getting the two new extended versions for free via download!?

Me neither...
thanks 1 user thanked musicoloog for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 03/04/2016(UTC)
BazG  
#36 Posted : 02 April 2016 12:35:06(UTC)
BazG

Man

Was thanked: 276 time(s) in 208 post(s)
In other news...

The Complete Music CD is available for pre order at Norman Records for £9.99 with free UK postage:

Link

I haven't ordered from them before though so I can't vouch for them.

Note: The money will be taken from your account when you place your order.

Edited by user 03 April 2016 07:23:20(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked BazG for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 03/04/2016(UTC)
GotBlueEyes  
#37 Posted : 04 April 2016 01:32:08(UTC)
GotBlueEyes

Was thanked: 556 time(s) in 312 post(s)
My prediction here is that, when they arrive, the two new extended versions will be almost indistinguishable from the boxset extended versions and the NOOL meltdown will continue Happy
thanks 1 user thanked GotBlueEyes for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 04/04/2016(UTC)
Johnny James  
#38 Posted : 04 April 2016 01:39:43(UTC)
Johnny James

Was thanked: 966 time(s) in 440 post(s)
My prediction here is that, when they arrive, the two new extended versions will be almost indistinguishable from the boxset extended versions and the NOOL meltdown will continue Happy

...and it will be really boring. Everyone moaning that they've been tricked into buying a limited vinyl box set (that's gone up in value since they bought it).
thanks 1 user thanked Johnny James for this useful post.
Michael Monkhouse  
#39 Posted : 04 April 2016 04:26:28(UTC)
Michael Monkhouse

Was thanked: 2410 time(s) in 2004 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Johnny James Go to Quoted Post

...and it will be really boring. Everyone moaning that they've been tricked into buying a limited vinyl box set (that's gone up in value since they bought it).

Too fucking right.
thanks 1 user thanked Michael Monkhouse for this useful post.
trafaelwyr  
#40 Posted : 05 April 2016 04:49:40(UTC)
trafaelwyr

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Just thought I'd add that I did receive the email yesterday from the NO store about the remixes being available for those who bought the box set.
thanks 1 user thanked trafaelwyr for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 05/04/2016(UTC)
Fotzepolitic  
#41 Posted : 05 April 2016 07:59:14(UTC)
Fotz

Was thanked: 3621 time(s) in 2620 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Johnny James Go to Quoted Post

What a boring and predictable thing to say.If anyone was going to moan about it they would have done so now.I haven't seen anyone moaning about it.I couldn't give a fuck if people are going to get the extended mixes for around £55 less than I paid. The only irritating thing i feel like moaning about is the fuck up with emails from NewOrder store.
thanks 1 user thanked Fotz for this useful post.
Aracri  
#42 Posted : 05 April 2016 09:01:55(UTC)
Aracri

Man

Was thanked: 403 time(s) in 355 post(s)
I bought the box but I am not disappointed or angry with that new release indeed (unlike many people on Facebook). I think when you purchase a premium/deluxe product you're not buying only the music inside but a more extensive experience either. The box set has a whole concept that is not only visual but tactile too, as the embossed letters on the cover, different paper stock, clear and coloured vinyls... So, as a fan I am proud to have an item like that. Because the music you can really get for free anyway nowadays, doesn't it? That's not so exclusive anyway...
Peter Who?

UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked Aracri for this useful post.
Fotzepolitic  
#43 Posted : 05 April 2016 10:55:18(UTC)
Fotz

Originally Posted by: Aracri Go to Quoted Post
I bought the box but I am not disappointed or angry with that new release indeed (unlike many people on Facebook). I think when you purchase a premium/deluxe product you're not buying only the music inside but a more extensive experience either. The box set has a whole concept that is not only visual but tactile too, as the embossed letters on the cover, different paper stock, clear and coloured vinyls... So, as a fan I am proud to have an item like that. Because the music you can really get for free anyway nowadays, doesn't it? That's not so exclusive anyway...

Yeah that's what I'm getting at. I couldn't care less about people getting the extended mixes much cheaper than I did. I bought the box set as much for having the product and the experience , the coloured vinyl discs, the standard album on vinyl (as I didn't otherwise have that) and the box itself and a general experience of owning something groovy. Of course , if NewOrder store did start selling the box set tomorrow for £10 then maybe I would be pissed off as i'd shelled out £65 for it a few months ago.But this assumption by Johnny James that box set buyers will be aggrieved that non box set buyers will get the extended mixes much cheaper is utter drivel .
Johnny James  
#44 Posted : 05 April 2016 12:04:46(UTC)
Johnny James

Was thanked: 966 time(s) in 440 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Fotzepolitic Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Aracri Go to Quoted Post

Yeah that's what I'm getting at. I couldn't care less about people getting the extended mixes much cheaper than I did. I bought the box set as much for having the product and the experience , the coloured vinyl discs, the standard album on vinyl (as I didn't otherwise have that) and the box itself and a general experience of owning something groovy. Of course , if NewOrder store did start selling the box set tomorrow for £10 then maybe I would be pissed off as i'd shelled out £65 for it a few months ago.But this assumption by Johnny James that box set buyers will be aggrieved that non box set buyers will get the extended mixes much cheaper is utter drivel .

The comment was more directed at some of the Facebook moaning rather than here. Now I've re-read this thread I realise it's more there than here.

Edited by user 05 April 2016 12:05:46(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Johnny James for this useful post.
rosygale  
#45 Posted : 05 April 2016 14:19:22(UTC)
rosygale

Woman

Was thanked: 88 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Eek Wow, there are some world class whingers on facebook, and I thought I was bad. Surely they must realise the extended versions are now available for free - so much for the boxset downloads being exclusive. Releasing them in other formats at least gives us a chance to pay for them.
thanks 1 user thanked rosygale for this useful post.
BazG  
#46 Posted : 05 April 2016 17:02:13(UTC)
BazG

Man

It's £10.99 on Amazon now, and as I wanted to order another release, and the 2 of them would come to over £20, I cancelled my original order and placed a new one for the 2 items which got me free standard delivery on both.
BazG  
#47 Posted : 06 April 2016 07:04:43(UTC)
BazG

Man

I just got THE email from Rhino:

"After we’d released the Music Complete album we felt that a couple of the extended versions could be improved upon, so this edition actually features brand new extended versions of ‘Nothing But A Fool’ and ‘Superheated’. If you’ve already purchased the extended mixes vinyl box set from our store, we wanted to say thank you and let you know that you’ll get these two new mixes sent you to download for free on the May 13th release date."

Why they all get sent out at different times I have no idea.
ROCKET MICK on 06/04/2016(UTC)
Fotzepolitic  
#48 Posted : 06 April 2016 12:45:22(UTC)
Fotz

Yeah finally got the email clarifying Nothing But A Fool and Superheated new extendeds.So there's a bit of hope that i'll get them as i bought the box set.Won't hold my breath though, i'll be fascinated to see if they can work out on 13th May who is entitled and who isn't Laugh Another day of hilarity awaits no doubt.

Ah so there's a few box set whingers on Facebook then is there? Well that's Facebook users for you, they love moaning and whingeing about anything under the sun.
ROCKET MICK on 06/04/2016(UTC)
Coops  
#49 Posted : 17 April 2016 23:24:07(UTC)
Coops

Was thanked: 611 time(s) in 456 post(s)
I'd quite like the extended versions but I'm not buying the sodding album again so if Amazon are charging 69p each then I'll download them individually. If Amazon are charging 99p for each track, as they often do, then I'll simply download them illegally from a torrent site.

Because the way these things are done I sometimes think that's what they want us to do anyway.
thanks 1 user thanked Coops for this useful post.
ROCKET MICK on 27/04/2016(UTC)